Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is pursuing a USAID-funded civil society strengthening program in Timor-Leste. The goal of this program is to build the capacity of select NGOs in Timor-Leste in terms of organizational development, evidence-based decision-making, financial capacity, networking capabilities, and advocacy with both constituents and governmental stakeholders. The RFP has been officially released, with responses due at end of November. Anticipated start date of the program is TBD. This position is contingent upon funding.
Priority application date: November 5, 2019
Social Solutions is recruiting for a Policy and Advocacy Director for this anticipated activity. The individual selected for this role will serve as the project lead on helping NGOs improve evidence-based policy and advocacy efforts, as well as working with the Government of Timor-Leste to continue to foster an enabling environment for NGOs in the country.
- Master’s degree in a related field of study;
- At least 7 years of experience in conducting evidence-based policy advocacy with national governments, serving in other government relations roles, and/or working at the intersection of policy and civil society;
- Prior experience working with the Government of Timor-Leste (GOTL), and deep understanding of the Timor-Leste political context, laws, and regulations, highly preferred;
- Experience with positioning NGOs/other organizations to receive government contracts or other funding, highly preferred;
- Proven leadership skills in the context of international development projects; experience on USAID-funded projects a plus;
- Experience working in Timor-Leste or in the region required; and
- English language fluency required; addition of Portuguese, Tetun, and/or Indonesian language a major plus.
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.