Moonshot CVE is seeking a Policy Lead for for an anticipated 5-year project in Kosovo: Kosovo Preventing Youth Violent Extremism.
The Policy Lead will be responsible for providing programme design, CVE technical leadership, and guidance to the implementation of CVE activities. The role will provide CVE technical expertise to programme staff, partners and key stakeholders. They will lead any research and analysis on the programme and, as required, contribute to M&E from a CVE perspective. The Policy Lead position requires experience on international programmes in countering violent extremism, preventing youth violence, and positive youth development. The position would be full-time and based in Kosovo.
Candidates should have a data-driven approach to countering violent extremism, and be open to innovative approaches. Candidates with experience of CVE in the online space and experience using technology to enhance CVE efforts welcomed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on international programmes countering violent extremism; preventing youth extremism; positive youth development.
- Experience of programme design and technical leadership in international CVE programmes.
- Experience working with government officials, USAID and/or other international donors.
- Desirable: Previous experience working in Kosovo and/or the Balkans.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Desirable: Experience working in languages used in Kosovo (Albanian, Serbian).
Remuneration commensurate with experience.
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter with the following in the subject line: (Devex) Policy Lead, Kosovo Preventing Youth Violent Extremism
About the Organization
Moonshot CVE is an organisation that specialises in countering violent extremism (CVE). We use data-proven techniques to ensure our clients respond to violent extremism effectively. Our work ranges from software development and capacity building, to leading global counter-messaging campaigns.
We do this through:
- Finding new ways to reach individuals at risk of involvement in violent extremism.
- Working across different types of violent extremist ideologies.
- Collaborating with partners, and working for clients including governments, NGOs and private sector organisations from across the globe.
- Building a multifaceted team with backgrounds in a diverse range of professional and academic backgrounds, including international development, communications, policing, psychology, data science and software engineering.
- Investing in research and development of new technologies and methodologies to counter extremism.