General Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability and experience with Applied Political Economy Analysis (PEA).
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of governance issues such as corruption, transparency, accountability, human rights, and political processes (including elections) in Benin.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and a history of analytical products produced on corruption, transparency, accountability, human rights, and political processes (including elections) for government, private sector, academia, or a development agency or other stakeholders.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in basic software.
- Strong multi-tasking ability and the ability to successfully meet deadlines.
- The individual consultant must hold an advanced university degree (Masters) at a minimum in the field of law, journalism, economics, political science, or other relevant discipline.
Professional Experience and Competence
- Demonstrated record of analytical work on the political economy of Benin.
- The advisors will have at least eight (8) years of relevant experience working in academia, think tanks, in senior government service, private sector consultancy, or experience as advisors to a development agency or a combination thereof.
- Well-developed network of high-level contacts in the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Government of Benin, as well as in academic, civil society and development circles in Benin.
- The advisor has held multiple senior level positions with government, private sector, academia, or a development agency or other stakeholders working on the following: corruption, transparency, accountability, human rights, and political processes (including elections).
- The advisor is a member on advisory boards or expert panels related to the relevant sectors.
- The advisor has collaborated with government, private sector, academia, or a development agency or other stakeholders on projects related to corruption, transparency, accountability, human rights, and political processes (including elections).
- The advisor has previously served as political and economic advisor (formal or informal) to actors in the relevant sectors, and the advisor has published analytical works.
- The qualified advisor must be Beninese. This assignment is for a period of 18 months and is not a full-time assignment.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The advisor must have fluent written and spoken French. Working knowledge of English is preferred.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.