Position: Polling Representative (HICD 2020)
The Georgia Human and Institutional Capacity Development 2020 Activity (HICD 2020) is implemented by ME&A and its consortium members Chemonics International and Performance Design Partners (PDP). The objective of HICD 2020 is to achieve tangible improvements in the human and institutional capacity of USAID’s partner organizations in Georgia that play a strategic role in the Government of Georgia’s (GoG) reform agenda, and whose goals are in direct alignment with USAID/Georgia’s Development Objectives.
HICD 2020 requires the services of two international polling professionals a High-level Polling Representative and a Polling Expert to support a series of opinion polling-related representational, technical assistance, and capacity building engagements.
The objective of this consulting opportunity is to assist Ilia State University (ISU), a leading public research university in the country of Georgia, with the establishment of a polling association and code of ethics, and advise on efforts to increase public understanding and confidence in independent opinion polling.
The expert polling professionals will be requested to assist ISU to:
- Enhance public and political stakeholder credibility and confidence in non-partisan polling;
- Elevate the importance of politically-neutral polling for enhanced citizen-responsive governance;
- Facilitate a discussion platform for reputable Georgian pollsters to explain their impartial polling methods;
- Educate key public opinion poll consumers and stakeholders on:
- How public opinion polling is conducted;
- Polling standards, principles, and ethics;
- How to distinguish quality, independent polling from inaccurate, flawed and potentially biased polling; and
- How to interpret and use polling findings, including discussion on limitations;
- How to work with media to ensure more cable and informed reporting about polling.
- Facilitate the development of a code of ethics for Georgian pollsters;
- Facilitate the establishment of polling association;
- Provide in-depth expert coaching to ISU and relevant stakeholders throughout the process of conducting public awareness polling campaigns.
A High-level Polling Representative (ideally an Executive Council Member of an Association for Public Opinion Research) will be requested to:
- Deliver a keynote speech at the two high-level events;
- Provide overarching technical guidance to ISU regarding public awareness raising activities and the formation of a Georgian community of practice and the development of a code of ethics.
Note: The assistance will be provided through online platforms.
- Proven track record of providing expertise in the fields of public opinion research and non-partisan, politically-neutral polling;
- Experience working with a broad range of stakeholders, including nonprofit organizations, policy makers, media, the academic community, and other potential partners;
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue;
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles and ethical practices in the conduct of public opinion and survey research;
- At least five years of relevant experience;
- Excellent communication skills; Excellent writing skills;
- Fluency in English required;
- High sense of responsibility and commitment to completing assignments on time.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.