The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has been rapidly building up its investment portfolio since operations began in January 2016. Implementing projects with quality and high standards is a priority for the Bank, which is why AIIB is seeking to strengthen its Implementation Monitoring Unit (IMU) by hiring a Portfolio Management Associate/Analyst.
The chosen candidate will work closely with the broader team to support project progress, research international best practices, problem-solve project issues and conduct training for operations staff. The associate/analyst will be exposed to projects in a variety of sectors and geographies, enabling them to develop valuable skills and experience in infrastructure project implementation. The associate/analyst will be supervised by the Manager, IMU, or a senior portfolio management officer as assigned by the Manager, IMU.
- Work with senior portfolio management officers in carrying out various portfolio monitoring tasks, such as:
- Analyze a wide range of operational, country and sectoral issues in the portfolio. Review and interpret information/data and propose actions to address issues identified.
- Conduct research on a broad spectrum of topics related to project implementation and monitoring, including learning latest international best practices in the preparation and implementation of infrastructure projects.
- Review or prepare project monitoring reports and other supervision documents, such as aide memoires/back-to-office reports.
- Review project progress reports prepared by project sponsors or implementation agencies. Assess compliance with relevant AIIB policies and sectoral strategies. Identify and appropriately escalate issues alongside proposed solutions.
- Develop technical toolkits and guidelines, deliver regular training for operational staff and facilitate knowledge sharing among staff and project teams.
- Independently carry out various background research tasks as required.
- Participate in preparing quarterly and annual Portfolio Monitoring Reports that will be presented to Senior Management and the Board.
- Support the Investment Operations Management Team with information, briefs, articles and other deliverables as required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in infrastructure investment operations, including planning, financing, project preparation and/or supervision and monitoring of project implementation.
- Basic knowledge of major infrastructure sectors, such as energy, transport, water and/or urban development.
- Strong analytical skills; experience in financial modeling and financial analysis for investment projects would be preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (in English) with demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues (translated into effective oral and written briefs).
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Master’s degree (such as economics, finance, business administration, international relations, social sciences or similar field relevant to AIIB’s operations).
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade level and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
We are the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we commenced operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 100 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors today, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.