Do you want to elevate your career by playing a dynamic, multifaceted management role at a boutique yet global company? Do you want to work at the nexus of information technology and international development? If so, let’s talk.
Synergy International Systems, Inc. (Synergy) is in search of a bright, hardworking, and personable Portfolio Manager to oversee projects, manage contracts, and lead new business efforts related to the company’s USAID portfolio. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s USAID portfolio, including project supervision, contract management, and business development. The Portfolio Manager will report to the Director of Account Management & Client Success and the Director of Business Development.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s portfolio of USAID projects, including home office project supervision, contract management, and client/partner communication
- Manage in-country subcontractors and consultants, including vetting, hiring, performance reviews, and compensation
- Manage monthly invoicing and documentation, adhering to FAR and AIDAR standards.
- Review and revise all project deliverables (reports, technical documents, work plans) prior to submission to the client to ensure they meet company standards and contract requirements
- Collaborate with the Business Development team on strategic planning, opportunity identification, pipeline development, capture management, and proposal management
- Contribute to the growth of the company’s USAID portfolio by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
- Identify and pursue opportunities for collaboration with USAID implementing partners
- Manage all aspects of USAID proposals, including proposal writing, teaming, staffing, and budget preparation
- Undertake capture and marketing efforts for new business with USAID
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in project administration, contract management, and/or business development for USAID implementing partners
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with colleagues, partners, and clients
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Deeply proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Fluency in Spanish or French is a plus
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Portfolio Manager” in the subject line, by no later than March 22, 2019. Please note that only U.S. citizens or permanent residents will be considered.
About the Organization
Founded in 1997, Synergy International Systems, Inc. (Synergy) is a global provider of IT solutions and services to the public and nonprofit sectors worldwide. Our mission is to technologically empower organizations to achieve greater social impact. Over the last 21 years, we have carried out 500 projects in more than 60 countries. We are based in Tysons, VA, and have a Development and Global Learning Center in Yerevan, Armenia. To learn more about our work, please visit www.synisys.com.