Blue Raster is seeking an experienced Power BI Developer with 2+ years of professional experiences with Power BI and data analysis. This position will mostly focus on data analysis and production efforts in support of an international project directed at ending the HIV epidemic (and other GIS related projects) in our Arlington, VA office. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to work in an exciting multi-disciplinary environment among a team of talented and dedicated professionals in a variety of fields including Health, Conservation, Government, Global Affairs, and Education. The position offers great potential for professional growth and the opportunity to deliver engaging web and mobile BI and mapping applications that have a direct impact on our clients and their global missions.
- Work with global non-profit and government teams, both remote and in-person to deliver end-to-end BI solutions
- Develop self-service data models and reports using Power BI
- Maintain and support previously deployed solutions
- Develop, publish, schedule reports and dashboards to meet business requirements
- Assist with functional and data requirements to enhance data models
- Requirement analysis, design and prototyping
- Develop and maintain comprehensive system documentation
- Conduct BI and data use training to international audience
- degree in computer science, information systems, public health, monitoring and evaluation, or comparable experience
- 2 years experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack - dataset ingestion, data model creation, reports, dashboards, KPIs, Power BI Pro features, administration, etc.
- 1 year experience with SQL, database administration a plus
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional meetings and working sessions
- Strong communication skills, particularly the translation of technical information to field-based developers, administrators, and end-users (data consumers)
- Experience working with PEPFAR or other results-oriented donors highly beneficial
- DHIS2 experience a plus (particularly working with the DHIS2 API)
- Interest in data visualization, dashboards and mapping technologies
- Experience working with non-profits and/or foreign government ministries a plus
- GIS experience, including Esri ArcGIS or geospatial technology a plus
- Some international travel will be required (up to 25%)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States, we cannot sponsor H1B Visas
Located in the vibrant, metro-accessible Court House neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, Blue Raster offers a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Our benefits package includes:
- CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
- Parental Leave
- Metro Benefits
- Bike-friendly office
- Training opportunities
- Support for personal and career growth
We also provide opportunities to work on a number of concurrent projects with clients from a variety of sectors, including Conservation, Health, Government, Global Affairs, and Education.
Our team is passionate about what we do, our clients, and how our work makes a positive impact on our world.
About the Organization
At Blue Raster, we pride ourselves in developing applications and tools that help our clients solve, clarify, and visualize many of the world’s critical challenges. Our team is passionate about what we do, our clients, and how our work makes a positive impact on our world. Located in the vibrant, metro-accessible Court House neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, Blue Raster offers a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Apply now to join our team of exceptional people!