Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender and women’s economic empowerment, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Jordanian Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded women’s economic empowerment and leadership activity in Jordan. The project will improve women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions, improve perceptions about working women and women leaders, and enhance the equitable and safe enabling working environment for women.
- Support project component that seeks to address the enabling environment and conditions for women to participate in the workforce in Jordan.
- Support the design and implementation of project activities related to enhancing the equitable and safe working environment for women.
- Build and maintain partnerships with government entities and the private sector to advance the goals of the project to promote women’s participation and leadership in the workforce.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships with companies interested in integrating gender considerations and non-discriminatory practices into their human resources systems and ensuring compliance with Jordanian labor laws.
- Support donor reporting requirements, including writing sections of quarterly and annual program reports, monitoring progress against project-related indicators and evaluation/learning, and other deliverables and requirements as specified in the project contract.
- Master’s degree in gender, economic development, or another relevant international development field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in policy and enabling environment reform specific to women’s economic empowerment and leadership, especially in Jordan.
- Prior experience on a USAID-funded project preferred.
- Knowledge of constraints and opportunities to women entering the workforce in Jordan, particularly related to policies, regulations, leadership opportunities, and processes, especially in the private sector.
- Demonstrated skills in fostering relationships with government partners and the private sector.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Jordan.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).