KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Develop a detailed technical scope of work for the prefabricated structure project to be submitted to USAID local mission.
• Conduct the technical assessment of the selected/identified DSD Facilities additional space requirements i.e. specifications. This will require site visits.
• Prepare and provide technical input in the preparation of concept note for the prefabricated structure project for USAID review and consent.
• Prepare a technical report that will guide the procurement requirements for the prefabricated project
• Take timely action to prevent potential delays and/or cost overruns that can be avoided
• Provide on-demand support on any relevant issues related to the proposed prefabricated structure project.
• Generate the project plan, work schedule for the local architecture and engineering firm that will undertake the construction of prefabricated structures.
• Prepare and update a high-level timeline showing when each phase of the project must be completed to meet the final deadline, showing a critical path bringing to the delivery of the project and ensure close monitoring of the progress of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Master’s degree in related field is desirable
• Project management experience is required, and certification will be an added advantage. accreditation
• Licensed civil engineer
• Should be a registered member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Desirable qualifications and Experience:
• A minimum of 10 years of experience related to the project requirements in construction projects is required.
• Excellent analytical skills and sectoral expertise is relevant.
• Experience from similar assignments (as supervising engineer or consultant)
• Excellent oral and written skills in English.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
• Conversant with USG requirements for construction projects
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
• Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with clients, donors and other stakeholders.
• Knowledge of national regulations regarding management of prefabricated structure projects is required.
• Communication skills in a complex multi-stakeholder environment in construction projects.
• Ability to work under time pressures and considerable work-load.
• Ability to successfully perform site supervision duties and desk reviews and analyses.
• Strong Report writing abilities and attention to detail.
About the Organization
Right to Care (RTC) is a non-profit company with a vision that all HIV-positive patients receive high quality treatment, care and support, improving their quality of life and productivity in South Africa and other African Countries.
The EQUIP Consortium is led by Right to Care (RTC) in collaboration with four other Africa based Partners. The EQUIP Consortium provides countries with innovative and customized solutions that increase HIV testing and linkage to care, widens the coverage of ART, expands capacity for viral load monitoring and improves retention of patients on ART. With the support of USAID, EQUIP is designed to provide rapid responses to the needs of high-priority PEPFAR countries.