The Specialist, Pricing & Data Analytics supports the Business Planning and Analytics team by analyzing financial data and designing and presenting visual representations of data. The Specialist will be a part of the Costing and Pricing team, and will analyze cost data and projections to inform IIE’s cost recovery structure and pricing models. The position reviews RFP’s and prepare cost proposals for a diverse set of donors, including U.S. Government, Foreign Government, International Entities, Foundations, Corporations, and Individual donors. The position develops and maintains knowledge about the organization’s costs and pricing models. S/he informs strategic decisions around program development and new business and makes recommendations on pricing, cost analysis, and cost recovery strategies. The Specialist conducts external research and benchmarking analyses and is responsible for contributing to the development of performance metrics and creating dynamic and professional visual representations of data for presentation to internal and external customers.
- Analyzes costs/drivers of cost to inform pricing and contribute to development of rate guidelines. Benchmarks costs against external cost and price data to inform IIE strategy and decision-making around cost structure and pricing.
- Creates clear and professional visual presentations of data and dashboards for presentation to internal and external customers. Uses data to develop compelling, state-of-the-art graphics and visualizations.
- On behalf of the Business Planning and Analytics Team, Works with Business Development, Philanthropy, and Program teams, and other infrastructure units to translate narrative project proposals into cost proposals.
- Researches and documents knowledge regarding regulations and pricing methodologies. Conducts benchmarking analyses using external data sources to inform IIE pricing practices.
- Advises and informs IIE team members on cost trends and pricing processes in order to maximize cost recovery and profitability to maintain and expand IIE’s mission.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least five (5) years of related work experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to create visually appealing and clear representations of data.
- Ability to create pricing models and templates for cost proposals.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate large sets of financial and non-financial data, draw conclusions, present the findings clearly and concisely, and make recommendations based on this analysis.
- Ability to develop and manage knowledge around costs for IIE services, price competitiveness, competitor models, and pricing strategies and maintain documentation of cost estimates.
- Ability to think strategically across programs and functions, identifying opportunities for efficiencies, cost reduction, and cost recovery.
- Experience in analysis and cost proposal preparation supporting the federal sector, a plus. Includes knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contract cost and price evaluation techniques, and cost accounting standards (CAS), as well as knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Expert/Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Proficient in all other MS Office programs.
- Advanced proficiency creating and designing data visualization solutions with industry-standard software such as Tableau, Spotfire, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, or other ERP systems, a plus.
- Ability to project manage and coordinate tracking and receiving inputs from various internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled in time management and meeting deadlines
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
About the Organization
At IIE, we believe that when education transcends borders, it opens minds, enabling people to go beyond building connections to solving problems together. Our vision is a peaceful, equitable world enriched by the international exchange of ideas and greater understanding between people and cultures.