Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Pricing Manager to join the Business Development team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Pricing Manager performs as a hands-on leader, manager and mentor to the Pricing team. S/he develops collaborative relationships with the Office of Grants & Contracts, Finance, HR, and business development and program management teams.
The Pricing Manager coordinates and manages the overall pricing and budget development process for assigned proposals and cost extensions (as needed); and oversees the process performed by the pricing analysts. S/he also develops pricing strategies; participates in proposal meetings including go/no go decisions; and designs tools and templates to streamline processes and improve efficiency.
- Reviews solicitations including RFPs, RFAs, and RFTOPs to develop a thorough understanding of donor requirements. Informs proposal team leads of possible pricing issues and/or questions.
- Actively participates in meetings throughout the proposal development process and provides cost/pricing input and guidance.
- Serves as the liaison between the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC) and the Pricing team to discuss and resolve pricing and budget issues and ensure the coordination with overall financial management systems.
- Prepares and regularly circulates a budget pipeline report to OGC, summarizing immediate budgeting priorities.
- Evaluates budget pipeline for potential resource constraints and communicates issues and potential solutions to the Senior Director of Business Development.
- Coordinates and leads the pricing on assigned proposals; develops pricing strategies and writes budget narratives.
- Provides guidance and training to Pricing Analyst(s) on best practices for the development of cost proposals.
- Works with Office of Grants and Contracts to develop and revise, as needed, pricing proposal standards and the review process.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the Office of Grants and Contracts on the status of upcoming and current cost proposals.
- Oversees and provides input to field budgeting assessments, particularly for major program development efforts.
- Develops/updates pricing tools, templates and manuals.
- Advises and guides HQ and field staff on pricing and budget preparation.
- Represents Global Communities and negotiates costs and budgets with proposal partners.
- Directly manages the Pricing Analysts in accordance with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Master’s degree and 5-8 years’ professional work experience or Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years professional work experience.
- Experience must include a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a dedicated pricing role developing cost proposals for contracts and grants for federal and non-federal donors.
- Knowledge of 2 CFR 200, 2 CFR 700, 2 CFR 228 and Federal Acquisition Regulation needed.
- Supervisory or team lead experience desired.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.