Job DescriptionAmerican Institutes for Research (AIR) is currently seeking a Pricing Specialist to join our Corporate Finance Office in Washington, DC. AIR is one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. Domestically and worldwide, we are helping to make a difference in the areas of education, student assessment, individual and organization performance, health research and communications, human development, workplace equity and statistical research methods. For us, making the world a better place is not wishful thinking. It is the goal that drives us.
The Pricing Specialist actively contributes to the strategic future of AIR. The Pricing Specialist participates in the analysis of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from federal, state, foundation and commercial entities for the purpose of identifying risks, trends and deviations from the norm, for engaging, in a leadership role, in the development of a strategic, fully-compliant business proposal, and for developing and maintaining a knowledge base of strategic pricing information and methodologies.
• Review the cost and business requirements of Requests for Proposals and customer requests for contract modifications and participate in development of a pricing strategy/approach.
• Develop appropriate pricing templates utilizing Microsoft Excel that conform to solicitation requirements and AIR pricing standards. Provide effective pricing direction and support to internal staff
and external partners including consultants and subcontractors. Ensure required cost proposal schedules are prepared timely and accurately.
• Review all pricing data submitted by project staff and external entities for accuracy, completeness, consistency, reasonableness and adherence to AIR pricing guidelines. facilitate changes as necessary.
• Work with the appropriate Contracts & Grants Specialist in preparing and coordinating business volume requirements.
• Review and maintain cost proposal-related files and databases.
• Assist with the development of a network of cost proposal-related files and databases and integrate the information from the same into the strategy development process.
• Scan pricing environment/industry for trends and deviations from the norm and communicate notable findings with recommendations to senior management with the intent of keeping AIR on the “leading
edge” of the community within which AIR exists.
• Assist with the development of intelligence-based pricing standards, strategies and best practices where applicable and integrate the same throughout the organization; ensuring Pricing Unit and proposal teams are aware of and utilizing them in preparation of their cost input.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field.
• Minimum of five to seven years experience in proposal pricing in response to federal government, state governments and foundation solicitations is required. Experience supporting cost proposal development in response to USAID solicitations is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of the federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards is required.
• Strong knowledge of various contract types including firm fixed price, cost reimbursement, time & material, grants and cooperative agreements is required.
• Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking is required.
• Extremely strong work ethic is required.
• Dependability and willingness to take on projects and complete them in a timely manner is required.
• High level of Excel proficiency is required.
About the Organization
AIR is one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. For us, making the world a better place is not wishful thinking. It is the goal that drives us.
Founded in 1946 as a not-for-profit organization, we conduct our work with strict independence, objectivity and non-partisanship.
The intellectual diversity of our 1,600 employees enables us to bring together experts from many fields in the search for innovative answers to any challenge.