The Pricing Specialist is an integral part of all proposal pricing efforts. The Pricing Specialist prepares proposal budgets and budget narratives. They are responsible for gathering and analyzing costs for developing and revising complex multi-million-dollar proposal budgets in accordance with client requirements, while utilizing advanced spreadsheet techniques.
The Ideal candidate will serve as lead resource with Cost/Price Volume production responsibility for complex price proposals. The candidate’s responsibilities will include in depth review of all request for proposals (RFP). Candidate will establish cost and pricing data for the development of proposals in accordance with government’s RFP, analyze and convey to senior management the necessary requirements of government’s RFP, prepare the cost volume (including cost proposal, reps and certs, and cost narrative), maintain all proposal documentation and supporting files, work with subcontractors in relation to the proposal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Responsible for all aspects of the cost and business proposal.
- Coordinates with the proposal team on strategic issues involving proposal budgets. Ensure that the proposal team is educated on client requirements for the cost proposals.
- Ensures proposals comply with DT-Global corporate policy
- Develops cost kick-off presentations
- Collects, prepares and analyzes historical cost data for use in budgeting
- Conducts internal budget reviews during proposal period
- Develops rough order of magnitude (ROM) budgets for discussion and cost strategies
- Presents budget reviews to key stakeholders including executive leadership
- Documents all cost assumptions and certify cost data.
- Reviews, edits and finalizes explanatory budget narrative to accompany budget in cost proposal
- Creates and/or modifies budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with client requirements.
- Manages assigned subcontractors as a part of the proposal process and perform activities including: developing budget templates, providing budget assumptions, negotiating budgets, reviewing budgets and notes, and ensuring final submissions conform to client requirements.
- Attends and participates in transition meetings of successful awards
- Assists colleagues with other budget development activities such as contract/subcontract budgets, task orders and pipeline analyses and review project budgets as needed during non-proposal periods
- Develops and manages DT-Global’s standard budget templates; including the development of project budget trackers
- Trains DT-Global staff in advanced excel techniques
- Reviews project budget modifications and assist with project financial management on an ad hoc basis
What we Value:
- Bachelor’s degree and a 5+ years of relevant work experience in government contracting, strong preference to experience with a USAID implementer.
- Minimum of 1 year of cost and pricing experience, preferably for a USAID contractor or NGO
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including logical functions, named ranges, knowledge of VBA is a plus
- Strong understanding of USAID rules and regulations including familiarity with the FAR and AIDAR
- Working knowledge of all contract types including: CPFF, CPAF, FFP, T&M and IDIQ. Experience with Cooperative Agreements and Grants is also a plus, but not necessary.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally on complex projects
- Experience working under hard deadlines and managing multi-deliverable projects
- Working knowledge of various project financial indicators and accounting principals
- Ability to think critically through complex business problems and communicate your work to a diverse audience including clients, partners, technical experts, proposal managers and executives.
- Ability to take full ownership of the cost volume with minimal oversight
- Desire to be part of a business that has a mission beyond commerce
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global aim’s to be a leader in international development. Building on over 50 years of combined experience and with support and guidance from GPD Charitable Trust, DT Global will offer a broad array of technical capabilities and creative, adaptive approaches to delivering high-quality interventions. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain, and Australia, DT Global’s portfolio of development projects – from water infrastructure to economic growth to conflict and transition programming – spans more than 90 countries. We have dedicated project offices in 31 countries and talented technical experts in every region of the world. We draw on a rich history of supporting leading international donor agencies, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NZ MFAT, DFID, and government and private sector clients globally.