At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Business Operations (BUS) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. Business Operations contributes to realizing this purpose by: Simplifying internal processes; Advancing Country Office Operational Character; Strengthening operations competencies across Pact’s country offices.
The Pricing Specialist works closely with staff at headquarters and in the field to support the development of pricing models, cost proposals, detailed budgets, and budget notes for all Pact’s project around the world for public and private donors. This position will also manage Pricing data and reporting. This position works under the general supervision of the Director of Pricing.
· Provide support for bid/no-bid decisions, helping Pricing team analyze solicitations (RFA, RFP, ITT, etc.) and potential financial risks
· Support the development of cost proposals, including budgets, budget notes and other pricing and financial modeling, in accordance with solicitation instructions, technical approach, corporate policies and donors’ requirements.
· Develop, modify, and customize budget checklists and budget templates to ensure all internal and external cost/pricing requirements are met, while utilizing advanced Excel spreadsheet techniques
· In coordination with Country Offices and other HQ teams, gather and verify cost information, to be used on proposal budgets to ensure accuracy and quality of proposal budgets.
· Coordinate finalization and do quality control to ensure budget documents are at a high-quality standard for submission; and that those have been endorsed and signed by respective senior management staff members.
· Proof and edit budget narratives to accompany budget for review.
· Manage all pricing data and reporting (in Salesforce and Pricing Report), tracking and documenting proposals that are submitted as well as recording win/loss notifications.
· Conduct monthly reconciliations between the Pricing report and Salesforce, to ensure data on submissions, pipeline and wins are consistent across the organization. Liaise with Opportunity Development and Agreement Management as needed to ensure consistency.
· Work closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis team on budget uploading into Adaptive System
· Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting, International Commerce or related field.
· At least five years of relevant experience in pricing, budgeting or financial
· Deep knowledge of Excel; skills to create finance models and reports; pivot table, macros, Vlookup, data validation, formulas and logic statements (e.g. if/and/or/sumif functions).
· Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations.
· Able to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team.
· Detailed oriented and analytical
· Great communicator; Fluent and proficiency in English (written and verbal).
· Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
· Experience in an international organization or in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
· Experience in estimating and pricing mid- to large-size contracting mechanisms for USAID and non-USAID projects is a plus.
· Understanding of federal award regulations (e.g.2 CFR 200, DBA, FAR, CAS, etc.) is a plus.
· Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
About the Organization
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.