Nathan Associates is seeking a Principal Associate to contribute to its growing Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development (EE&PSD) group within its International Development (ID) line of business . Working across ID’s groups, this position will provide strategic guidance on identifying, structuring, and developing private sector partnerships; manage new business development; and provide technical assistance. The position is based in our Arlington, VA office with travel abroad.
- Identify and lead business development opportunities across donor and private sector clients for international development-focused activities and projects
- Support and manage the formulation of strategies and activities to engage the private sector to expand and improve services in Nathan’s ID line of business
- Focus efforts within the EE&PSD group on growing gender and trade programs
- Develop and manage partnerships for the implementation of Nathan’s economic engagement programming
- Lead the review of existing private sector strategies and work closely with stakeholders to develop and implement new strategies and pilot innovative private sector activities.
- Provide direct technical assistance, such as gender and trade assessments; design and presentation of training partnership development; research and capacity-building activities on a range of topics; etc.
- Review and provide input to project workplans, with attention to private sector engagement within technical activities and operations
- Write reports and other internal deliverables as needed.
- Twelve or more years of experience working in private sector partnerships with a focus on trade and economic growth issues.
- Master’s Degree in international development, development economics, international affairs, or a related field,
- Experience working with USAID, governments, and donor agencies.
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of clients and counterparts, including donor agencies, private sector partners, and multilateral organizations.
- Ability to organize, present, and disseminate information, and to draft clear and concise documents with minimal supervision.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills and effective report-writing skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to international environments to complete program assignments.
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of a second language is preferred.
Nathan Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946: International Development, Litigation & Expert Services, Infrastructure Project Development & Finance, Advisory Services