The Principal Investigator is a critical position and requires an exceptional individual who can provide overall expert leadership, management, and strategic vision to the activity. The Principal investigator is expected to have the ability to exercise significant delegation of authority, allowing for on-site decisions. This position is for a 5 year fixed term contract.
Responsibilities of the Principal Investigator are expected to include:
· Reporting to the HIV/AIDS Team within USAID/Malawi’s Office of Health, Population and Nutrition and meeting with USAID on a regular basis;
· Providing leadership and expertise in HIV service delivery and coordination of development assistance efforts for the PEPFAR Malawi program;
· Mentoring, supporting and supervising activity staff and facilitating the development of all activity deliverables, ensuring timely submission and quality of all work plans, reports, and checklist submissions, compliant with the cooperative agreement; and,
· Assuring necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
At a minimum, it is expected that the Principal investigator will have the following qualifications:
- 7-10 years of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex HIV programs within a developing country context;
· Demonstrated leadership in fostering successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of varying organizations/institutions;
· Background in clinical service delivery and program management, including the use of data for decision-making;
· Demonstrated experience in working with government and non-governmental organizations to yield results toward common goals;
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; and,
· Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, private for profit and non-profit sectors.
Applications close 16 April 2021
Please email cv to firstname.lastname@example.org