Principal Investigator, Cost-effectiveness Study of Malaria Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) Strategies, Mozambique
The main study objective is to determine the cost-effectiveness of different intensities of SBCC intervention in a malaria-endemic region of Mozambique. The study will be implemented under the Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism and Services contract, with funding from PMI.
The Principal Investigator will provide technical leadership for the study, including the design and implementation of the methodologies to be applied at field level, overseeing data quality gathered at field level, providing analysis and leading report writing. They will have primary responsibility for the overall completion of activities and deliverables and guide the efforts of the co-investigators, field study and support team. The PI will report to the MMEMS Senior Evaluation Officer and to PMI Resident Advisor, who will serve as the primary point of contact with PMI and provide oversight and quality control over the study. The duration of this project is 90 days.
- Coordinate and guide all technical activities of the study, including inputs and analytical guidance for the finalization of the protocol and data collection instruments;
- Produce data collection instruments and other important documents for carrying out the study;
- Prepare and coordinate the fieldwork training and the pilot study;
- Supervise data collection in accordance with the approved protocol by the PMI Operations Research Committee, the Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and by the Human Subjects review board of the Ministry of Health in Mozambique (CNBS), and fulfilling MMEMS and USAID/PMI quality standards;
- In Mozambique, participate in the study team planning meeting (TPM), enumerator training, pilot test, fieldwork. Remotely, engage in design and analysis of the baseline and endline data, and the other stages;
- Conduct and supervise the analysis of collected data, including remote analysis of the cost monitoring data and other data;
- Serve as lead author, with responsibility for ensuring the successful drafting and finalization of the report in accordance with MSI and USAID/PMI quality standards, including presentations and debriefs to MSI, USAID/PMI, PNCM/MOH and other stakeholders, as requested;
- Prepare and write remotely articles or research papers for publication in international reference peer-reviewed journals; and
- Participate remotely in the dissemination and publication of the results of the study at meetings and conferences.
- PhD/DrPH (preferred) or MD/Master in relevant field;
- Experience researching malaria and preferentially SBCC in malaria;
- Experience in cross-sectional, cluster-randomized and household base studies;
- Experience in cost-effectiveness study will be highly valorized;
- Experience working in collaboration with institutional partners to execute a similar study on a tight timeline;
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and investigative skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Energetic and collegial, attentive to detail;
- English fluency;
- Published author of peer-reviewed journal articles;
- Experience in writing write high-quality study reports, articles and other research papers format that require minimal editing; and
- Experience in designing engaging poster presentations and putting together high-impact symposia and oral presentations.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.