Devex is currently assisting a major international development institution in their search for Principal Medical Health to be based in Metro Manila, Philippines.
The organization is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty.
The position is assigned in the front office of the Budget, Personnel, Management Systems Department. The Principle Medical and Health Specialist supports the staff health and wellness programs, including general oversight of the medical clinic.
The Principal Medical and Health Specialist is responsible for promoting the health and well-being of staff across the institution. The position will apply international best practices and implement an integrated and comprehensive approach to health and wellbeing. In carrying out his/her work, the Principle Medical and Health Specialist cooperates with other parts in delivering a coherent approach to supporting the health and wellness of staff. In relation to emergencies, ergonomics, and workplace safety and security, the position will cooperate with the Office of Administrative Services.
Type of position: initial term of 3 years.
- Perform the role of Medical Doctor as specified in the Administrative Orders and other governance documents.
- Advise staff and Management on health issues.
- Participate as a member of the Health Management Committee (HMC) and performing the role of Secretary to the HMC.
- Promote a healthy, resilient workplace, supporting work-life balance in coordination with the HR Policy and Program Division.
- Lead health prevention and wellness (e.g., risk assessment, education).
- Implement an integrated approach to addressing physical and mental health.
- Oversee the Medical clinic, organisation’s in-house counseling services, and the in-house pharmacy.
- Administer the contracts with service providers for the Medical Center and the in-house pharmacy
- Administer the following health-related contracts:
the Employee Assistance Program (current vendor: Cigna);
the Corporate Medical Service and Emergency Assistance Program (current vendor: ISOS) and;
Ambulance Services in Manila (current vendor: Lifeline)
- Provide technical expertise and support to manage emergencies in coordination with the security services and various providers.
- Provide technical expertise in occupational health and safety to contribute to a safe and healthy working environment in accordance with international standards, including ergonomics, travel health risks and preparedness to respond to public health threats.
Scope of work:
S/He will report directly to the Director General, working with HR teams and have a counselor under his supervision. The candidate will mainly be in contact with multiple vendors: fully insured program and also the Medical Center.
- Doctor of Medicine with a valid and current medical license issued by a recognized medical body.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in health-related benefits
- Proven management and leadership qualities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- International experience working in several countries
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for IS6
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona, and Manila, and reporters around the world. Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world. Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.