Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with extensive experience managing successful economic development projects on the African continent and around the world. Banyan Global is currently recruiting an Access to Finance Advisor for work under an anticipated USAID-funded private health sector development project in Zambia. The project seeks to improve the ability of private sector health providers to manage their practices profitability, and to access credit. The Access to Finance Advisor will provide support and technical assistance to partner banks and other financial institutions identified as potential sources of financing for private health providers.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position will include:
- Working to create linkages between USAID and financial institutions, including guarantees designed to stimulate lending in the health sector;
- Liaising with banks to access information on health sector lending;
- Working with banks to develop and refine lending products for the private health sector;
- Strengthen banks’ relationships with provider groups; facilitate meetings between these parties and promote mutual understanding;
- Monitor market trends and share information with banks, associations and the project;
- Liaise with the project monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to monitor the effectiveness of bank lending on provider profitability and improved health outcomes;
- Work directly with a portfolio of private healthcare providers to help them prepare for bank financing and monitor success rate;
- Assist with project activities as needed.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in the Zambian banking and finance sector;
- Knowledge and understanding of the business needs of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises;
- Familiarity with the private health sector in Zambia;
- Knowledge of business development services, including training, counseling and business networking;
- Excellent project management, communication, writing, and computer skills;
- Ability to negotiate, manage and build partnerships;
- Knowledge and experience with the policy and regulatory environment as relates to business and finance side of the private health sector in Zambia;
- Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant discipline;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Previous experience working on USAID projects is a plus;
- Zambian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).