Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with extensive experience managing successful economic development projects on the African continent and around the world. Banyan Global is currently recruiting a Business Strengthening Advisor for work under an anticipated USAID-funded private health sector development project in Zambia. The project seeks to improve the ability of private sector health providers to manage their practices profitability, and to access credit. The Business Strengthening Advisor will lead efforts to improve private health providers’ business practices and ability to access appropriate financing.
- Lead assessment activities designed to inform the business strengthening assistance program for private health providers;
- Contribute to the design/ adaptation of business training and coaching materials;
- Coordinate, oversee, and at times deliver trainings focused on business strengthening skills for private health providers;
- Connect providers to financial institutions, and work to understand and address obstacles that prevent private health providers from accessing credit;
- Identify and test appropriate digital solutions for improving private health providers business practices, such as record-keeping and inventory management;
- Draft periodic reports, and address all requests for edits and adjustments.
- A minimum of five years of experience training adults, with an emphasis on business administration and financial management;
- Knowledge and understanding of the business and financial management challenges facing businesses in Zambia, with a particular emphasis on SMEs and/or private health providers;
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently, and to submit high-quality deliverables on time;
- Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant discipline;
- Previous experience working on USAID projects is a plus.
- Zambian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.