Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with extensive experience managing successful economic development projects on the African continent and around the world. Banyan Global is currently recruiting a Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor for work under an anticipated USAID-funded private health sector development project in Zambia. The project seeks to improve the ability of private sector health providers to manage their practices profitability, and to access credit. The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will lead efforts to ensure that gender and social inclusion considerations are effectively incorporated throughout project activities.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and oversight related to gender equality, women’s empowerment and social inclusion within the scope of the project;
- Support the implementation of interventions that promote the participation of women, youth and disadvantaged groups in access to and provision of health services;
- Design and deliver training and capacity building on gender equality and social inclusion for project staff, private sector partners, government stakeholders, etc. as required;
- Support the preparation and execution of a project-level gender analysis and development of a strategy for integrating gender equality and social inclusion into the private health sector;
- Advise project team members on the integration of gender equality and social inclusion into market assessments, SBCC campaigns, capacity building activities, policies and regulations, and enterprise development;
- In collaboration with the M&E team, develop indicators and methodologies for tracking changes in key areas relevant to gender and social inclusion;
- Develop work plans, activity reports, and other written deliverables for the project in cooperation with Banyan Global management;
- Contribute to developing content and communications materials to support knowledge management efforts related to gender and social inclusion.
- At least five years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development or related field;
- Master’s degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, public health, or another relevant field;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare/pharmaceutical/medical commodities sectors is required;
- Familiarity with public policies, strategies and legal frameworks addressing gender and social inclusion gaps and gender-based violence in Zambia;
- Outstanding project management skills;
- Familiarity with the USAID project cycle and experience working with USAID or other international donors preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills;
- Zambian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).