Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking a Private Sector Advisor to support USAID’s Office of U.S Foreign Disaster Assistance. The Private Sector Advisor is part of a humanitarian team that provides critical analysis on humanitarian policy and public-private sector issues and serves as a key source of information on humanitarian issues for the office. He/She will help plan organizational strategies and responses to humanitarian crises; actively work with the HPGE Division on U.S. positions on humanitarian issues; effectively liaise with the UN offices in Geneva, Rome and New York; and anticipate and prepare documents and briefing memos on public-private sector issues for important meetings and events. The assignment involves providing expert analytical and advisory support on humanitarian and private sector issues for the planning, development and execution of U.S. foreign policy within a broad and complex geographic or functional specialty area. The work requires applying a rigorous analytical approach to data and the Private Sector Advisor will receive general guidance.
Contacts will be within the USG, as well as personnel at U.S. posts worldwide, senior analysts and officials in international agencies and the private sector, experts, and representatives of non-governmental organizations.
Due to impending changes in team structures related to the USAID Transformation, this position is term-limited to one year, with the option for extension based upon Government requirements.
The Private Sector Advisor’s duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• Assist in the identification, research, analysis and development of recommendations on all issues and matters relating to humanitarian affairs and public-private sector issues and anticipate the need for such policy analysis.
• Interact with interagency colleagues on developing strategies and policies on humanitarian and public-private sector issues.
• Anticipate the needs of the organization regarding developments in the areas of private sector engagement in humanitarian affairs and prepare analyses, briefings, documents and meetings as required.
• Attend various NGO, UN, and other meetings to provide information and views to formulate humanitarian private sector engagement policies and coordinate strategies on policy issues.
• Support USAID at meetings with the UN, international organizations, and other donors and at other conferences sponsored by members of the international community. Provide guidance and advice on USG positions, negotiating strategies, and, in consultation with USAID/Washington, conduct negotiations with the donor community and make recommendations to appropriate officials in USAID, particularly on public-private engagement issues.
• Work with counterparts in other donor organizations at the most senior levels to exchange information, establish meetings on specific donor issues, solicit publications, collect information on training opportunities; and coordinate these activities with relevant USAID officers.
• Advise USAID/OFDA staff on issues regarding donations and requests for USG support and information-sharing from private and public interest groups.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong communication, problem solving, and customer services skills required in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Computer proficiency required to include strong applied knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word,
- Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.