The USAID/Jordan Health Services Quality Accelerator (HSQA) Activity will be a five-year Cooperative Agreement to accelerate and sustain improvements in reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) outcomes. The goal of the HSQA Activity is to improve RMNCH outcomes by designing and evaluating innovative models, increasing private sector engagement, emphasizing gender-sensitive programming, ensuring a collaborative adaptive learning agenda, and supporting local ownership of sustainable RMNCH quality services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Private Sector Engagement Advisor will be responsible for expanding the market for RMNCH services and currently underutilized methods and for assessing the feasibility of and the introduction of new services and approaches in the market in Jordan. This may include developing a strategic plan to include phased expansion of clinics, family planning methods, other health services; developing annual plans; building alliances with the private sector; directing marketing/promotional components of the program; and working with local research firms, advertising agencies, community-based organizations, and other partners to develop and expand services and messages that will meet the needs of target audiences.
- Master’s Degree (minimum), or a Ph.D preferred in public health, public administration, international development, or other similar field
- At least 7 years of development experience showing progressive responsibility, with special skills in the areas of public and private sector reproductive health and/or maternal, newborn, and child health
- At least five years of experience managing programs in health, reproductive health, and/or maternal, newborn, and child health programs
- Significant professional and management experience working with social marketing programs in Jordan or developing countries
- Knowledge of USAID procedures, rules, and regulations is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Arabic are required
- (6+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.