To support PSE Policy implementation, the Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) mechanism, implemented by Resonance, procures services for the U.S. Global Development Labs Center for Transformational Partnerships (CTP) – now the PSE Hub in E3 – and the Agency’s Missions, Bureaus, and Independent Offices (MBIOs). PEPSE provides MBIOs and CTP with access to communication, technical, and institutional support services that facilitate PSE to achieve sustainable development impact.
Due to an increased focus on women’s economic empowerment within the Agency, Resonance is currently seeking a Private Sector Engagement (PSE) and Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Specialist (Advisor) as a member of the W-GDP Fund team. The objective of this activity is to advance the goals of the W-GDP Initiative, institutionalize women’s economic empowerment, and increase PSE including non-traditional partners, throughout the W-GDP Fund, GenDev portfolio, and Agency broadly. To meet this objective, PEPSE will expand the CORE team to include a full-time PSE and WEE Advisor to manage, coordinate, and catalyze private sector resources to support women’s economic empowerment across the majority of GenDev’s technical sectors, including: economic growth, environment, WASH, agriculture, and gender-based violence.
The Advisor responsibilities will focus on catalyzing private sector resources to support women’s economic empowerment across the majority of GenDev’s technical sectors, including economic growth, environment, water, agriculture, and gender-based violence. This position will serve as a key liaison between the W-GDP Fund Team and PSE Team. This position is pending client approval and funding, and will be a full-time position for one year.
- Serve as the GenDev Point of Contact and Activity Manager for WEE activities supported through the W-GDP Fund as part of the PSE portfolio.
- Provide technical assistance and support on W-GDP-funded activities and women’s economic empowerment across the GenDev portfolio.
- Work with PSE and GenDev colleagues to identify new and underutilized private sector partners in the financial sector to collaborate with and support W-GDP Fund goals and activities.
- Serve as a key liaison between GenDev Office’s W-GDP Fund Team and PSE Team, particularly given the Global Relationship Management role of the PSE Team. Support the GenDevW-GDP Fund team’s collaboration with the PSE Team.
- Aggregate, analyze, and report on PSE activities related to the W-GDP Fund.
- Work with colleagues across the Agency to ensure that WEE priorities and gender analysis are appropriately integrated in PSE activities across the GenDev and W-GDP Fund portfolios and across the Agency.
- Work closely with the PSE Team’s Monitoring & Evaluation Team to design, track and report on metrics related to GenDev’s W-GDP Fund Team.
- Work with the PEPSE team leadership, sharing findings and results to support cross work-stream collaboration.
- Other duties upon request and depending on priorities of PEPSE and client(s).
Required Education and Experience
- Masters’ degree in international development, business administration or another similar discipline.
- Must have strong technical skills in women’s economic empowerment and the financial services sector.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, managing, or implementing social impact and development activities in women’s economic empowerment, private sector finance, and/or financial inclusion.
- Proven ability serving in an advisory and liaison capacity between the public and private sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available for travel, sometimes on short notice
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
Preferred Education, Experience & Competencies
- Experience working with USAID or other large government or donor entities, USAID preferred.
- Experience with public-private partnerships strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of SSG-Advisors, LLC (doing business as Resonance) is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Resonance hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. Resonance believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.