The Private Sector Engagement Manager will lead design and implementation of activities related to private sector engagement. This includes engaging companies to provide on-the-job training to trafficking victims and expand corporate social responsibility initiatives that help protect and reintegrate victims. The manager will also maintain organized records, contribute to monitoring and evaluation and adhere to Winrock and SDC policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely and high-quality implementation of private sector engagement activities according to the approved workplan;
- Manage the formulation of strategies and activities to engage the private sector to contribute Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds to assist in the rehabilitation and reintegration of trafficking survivors and on-the-job training to survivors once they have received training from the program.
- Manage the development, structuring and delivery of private sector partnerships and projects that draw on the comparative strengths and resources of public and private actors.
- Represent the Ashshash project and coordinate all technical activities related to building and management of private sector engagement activities.
- Prepare and integrate a measurable and time-bound workplan indicating concrete results and interventions for private sector engagement at all levels of project implementation
- Monitor and document the outcomes of the private sector workplan, highlighting good practices, lessons learned and ways forward
- Support other Ashshash staff and partners integrate private sector engagement across the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in business administration, marketing communications, economics, finance, or related field
- Minimum five years of professional experience in a development program (INGO/UN/SDC, preferred)
- Experience working with local and international NGOs or UN agencies addressing trafficking-in-persons, migration, employment, skills training, or other related issues in Bangladesh preferred
- Knowledge of the Bangladeshi regulatory framework related to enterprises, business finance, and social involvement activities of private sector institutions desired
- Knowledge of CSR strategies and demonstrated success engaging companies on CST initiatives
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, and ethical management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, support and manage negotiations, and reach consensus among multiple private sector stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines
- Excellent networking, advocacy and social marketing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bengali
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft)
About the Organization
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves as a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.