Job DescriptionBrief Description:
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team in the role of PSE Manager on our USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project. The PSE Manager will provide critical implementation support and play a vital role in assisting the project in the development of private sector assessments, PSE engagement strategies and customized PSE trainings for various Bureaus, Missions, and Independent Operating Units (MBIOs)
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the PEPSE Technical Director.
Background and Objectives
As the prime implementer of the PEPSE Project, Resonance Global supports a range of activities under the auspices of the U.S. Global Development Lab’s Center of Transformational Partnership (CTP) and the Agency’s Mission, Bureaus, and Independent Offices (MBIOs) and facilitates access to communications, technical and institutional support services that facilitate building partnerships with the private sector to achieve sustainable development impact.
PEPSE, in collaboration with CTP/PCM and relevant PSE POCs, delivers technical services to MBIO clients to integrate PSE into programs and strategies and to operationalize the new PSE Policy. PEPSE also delivers advisory services to field Missions and pillar/technical Bureaus. Examples of specific service delivery include: Mission-focused Private Sector Landscape Assessments (PSLAs); Project Appraisal Document (PAD) design workshops; and post-award project PSE support models. Other support includes PSE and partnering strategy design and contributing to curriculum and design for a ‘PSE champions’.
Task and Responsibilities:
In their role as the PSE Manager, the selected candidate will collaborate with CTP’s Activity Manager and PEPSE’s Sr. PSE Analyst to perform a range of tasks that include (but are not limited to):
- Develop PSE strategies for PEPSE buy-ins.
- Conduct analysis and research to identify areas for PSE across the PEPSE portfolio.
- Coordinate with USAID management and technical staff to identify project specific needs and/or opportunities where private sector engagement could be leveraged to address development problems in the country on its Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR).
- Ensure that a wide range of private sector perspectives, resources and capabilities are integrated in priorities, strategies, and designs.
- Identify and map primary private sector entities interested in partnering with PEPSE’s MBIO buy-ins.
Program Design and Implementation/Management
- Substantially contribute to the design of activities as part of the PEPSE buy-in portfolio, which should align with the Agency’s PSE policy and may include co-creation mechanisms.
- In-line with Agency-wide policies, USAID’s CTP aims to incorporate approaches that support innovation, co-creation, and co-design where feasible. Work closely with USAID’s relevant offices at the earliest stages of the activity/activities design to ensure accurate implementation of procurement policies.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately documented and required reports and regular updates are completed and given to USAID stakeholders and external development partners, including budgets, presentations, briefings, and talking points.
- Facilitate outreach and communication efforts with interested MBIOs and USAID stakeholders.
- As required, provide effective coaching, mentorship, and work guidance to PEPSE junior staff.
The selected candidate will be required to travel approximately 30-40% of the time as a part of this role.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as Business Management, Public Administration, International Marketing, International Development, International Trade and Finance or a related subject is required.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in USAID private sector engagement, market systems analysis, corporate social responsibility, and/or international development is required.
- At least five years of experience in developing and/or managing international donor programs in support of private sector engagement; and/or in direct involvement in co-design; and/or in developing and/or managing PSE.
- Ability to successfully navigate a challenging and sensitive information environment is required.
- Outstanding written and oral communications in English are absolutely critical to perform successfully in this position.
- Must have a proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
How to Apply:
- Knowledge of a foreign language a plus (Spanish, French, Arabic preferred), especially experience facilitating in a foreign language
- Experience with capacity building in USAID MBIOs
- Understanding of the USAID procurement cycle;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “PSE Manager, PEPSE” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.