Irbid, Jordan JORBackground:
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.Project Summary:
This position is for an anticipated Women’s Economic Empowerment activity based in Amman, Jordan. The activity has three (3) objectives including;
- Improve women’s access to jobs and leadership opportunities in the private sector
- Improve perceptions and advocacy
- Stimulate more equitable and safer working environments
The Private Sector Engagement Specialist will support initiatives outlined and led by the Private Sector Engagement Advisor in the specified region. S/he will coordinate private sector outreach efforts within the specified region for an upcoming USAID-funded Women’s Economic Empowerment and Leadership Activity in Amman, Jordan.Reporting & Supervision:
The Private Sector Engagement Specialist will report to a Regional Director in the Aqaba or Irbid Regional Offices.Primary Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Maintain and coordinate a market outreach strategy to the defined network of private sector actors within the region that support the female workforce, such as internships, career counseling;
- Assist the Private Sector Engagement Advisor in organizing entrepreneurship services such as business plan competitions, mentoring target at rural female populations and persons with disabilities; and
- Work with market actors to promote women-owned or women-focused businesses and services.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.Position contingent upon donor funding.
- BA degree in Education, Human Resource Development, Organizational Behavior, Business, Economics, or other relevant field highly desired;
- Excellent track record of achieving improved employment outcomes in similar workforce development activities;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in workforce development in a developing country, including experience working with host country training or higher education institutions;
- Experience in coordinating and administrative knowledge of donor funded programming; and
- Arabic and English fluency required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)