Job DescriptionBrief Description:
Resonance seeks candidates for a Private Sector Engagement Specialist (PSES) for the five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Asia CTIP project (2016-2021), for which Winrock International is the prime implementing organization and Resonance is a sub-implementer leading private sector engagement (PSE) and partnership development. USAID Asia CTIP is a regional project which is entering year four of implementation. The project aims to combat the root causes and incentives that drive TIP and build a strong regional network for information exchange that will bolster enforcement efforts and assist in serving survivors. The PSES will be based in Winrock’s office in Bangkok, Thailand. S/he will report to the USAID Asia CTIP Chief of Party (COP) on a day-to-day basis, as well as Resonance’s home office Project Manager. The length of engagement associated with this position is approximately 18 months. The PSES position will lead PSE efforts with the primary focus of supporting ongoing shared value partnerships with private sector companies, providing technical assistance and support to the various USAID bilateral CTIP projects, documenting knowledge and learnings that will benefit future CTIP efforts, and leading project management tasks such as donor reporting and monitoring & evaluation (M&E) related to Resonance’s PSE work.
The PSES will support implementation of the project’s PSE strategy and work plan and coordinate reporting requirements. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the USAID Asia CTIP COP, USAID CTIP project staff, Resonance home office, and other key stakeholders to execute a coordinated and impactful approach to PSE and partnership development to support project objectives;
• Lead select ongoing partnership activities in accordance with the partnership action plan, including leading partner communications; managing consultants; keeping activities on task and within the partnership timeline; troubleshooting challenges; liaising with representatives from local government, NGOs and companies, as appropriate; working with USAID bilateral CTIP project staff to coordinate activities; leading reporting and M&E related to partnership activities and outcomes; etc.
• Provide technical assistance and capacity development to the various USAID CTIP bilateral projects in Thailand, Nepal, Laos, Bangladesh, Cambodia, and potential others to enhance their PSE efforts, improve skills and knowledge, and identify potential opportunities for collaboration with the private sector in support of project goals;
• Support gathering and documentation of key learnings and knowledge sharing;
• Develop and publicize knowledge products to increase awareness of PSE as it relates to CTIP for other USAID projects and industry actors;
• Provide high-quality written technical inputs to the project team’s work plan, quarterly and annual reports, and other technical/reporting documents;
• Train program staff on effective approaches to PSE, as needed;
• Input into the project monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on PSE activities, in collaboration with project Monitoring and Evaluation Manager;
• Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders such as other donor-funded projects, business associations, NGOs, government representatives, etc.;
• Travel within the Asia region to support project activities;
• Other related tasks as assigned.
• Advanced degree in economics, business, international relations, social science, political science, or other related field is highly preferred;
How to Apply:
• Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, ideally including work on issues related to the intersection of business and international development;
• Demonstrated experience leading PSE and public-private partnerships;
• A proven ability to work collaboratively with and build consensus among private, public, and civil society sector stakeholders required;
• Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines;
• Proven experience developing high-quality written deliverables, such as project concept notes, work plans, and programmatic reports;
• Proven experience working in fast-paced environments, multitasking, and coordinating among many stakeholders to drive activities forward;
• Demonstrated regional experience and networks is highly favorable;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required, and proficiency in Thai, Burmese, Khmer, and/or other migrant worker languages is highly preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Asia CTIP Private Sector Engagement Specialist” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.