Private Sector/Investors Management Advisor,
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT),
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project works closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project also promotes better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Private Sector/Investors Management Advisor will identify, review and analyze existing business processes for private sector/investors, identify the extent of support that is currently being provided, and make concrete recommendations for improvement. The advisor will provide government with support to simplify and improve transparency and facilitate business processes to improve the business climate and promote investment in the country. The advisor will also provide support to government to identify the legal basis, institutional structure, governance structure and processes, investment and exit policies, criteria/requirements for investment, auditing, reporting, and other relevant parameters determined for business registry. Additionally, the advisor will build the capacity of one-stop shops to make government procedures for the private sector/investors more efficient and transparent. In this position, the advisor is an essential member of a multi-disciplinary team that is creating change in public service delivery by identifying and focusing on business processes in government agencies and then making them more efficient by simplifying them.
- Advise government agencies to develop a strategic direction and implement reforms that support the private sector/investors
- Identify the legal basis, institutional structure, governance structure and processes, investment and exit policy, criteria/requirement for investment, auditing, reporting, and other relevant parameters for business registry
- Conduct an assessment of the private sector/investors’ needs, including needs analysis, recommendations and development of an action plan through a consultative process
- Facilitate consultative processes to develop strategies and tools for management of conflicts of interest, risk assessment, risk management, internal audit, and reporting and disclosure to promote accountability and transparency during business registration
- Support the implementation and institutionalization of these strategies and tools
- Deliver on-the-job training for government staff and effective ways to support investors through change and to provide business support to a wide audience
- Build capacity of service centers/one-stop shops to enhance facilitation for the private sectors/investors to get government procedures done in an efficient manner
- Develop a communications strategy with the communications team to raise awareness of investors on different processes for business registry and other relevant business processes and support their implementation
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience working in the private sector and/or investor relations/support is required
- Experience carrying out needs assessments, consultations and capacity building.
- Experience contributing to effective communications strategies and campaigns
- Solid understanding of opportunities, obstacles and barriers to private sector investment
- Direct knowledge of business processes registry and one-stop shops is required
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Demonstrated track record of creativity, innovation and flexibility
- Ability to gather data, compile and analyze information, and write reports
- Skills in organizing resources, establishing priorities, setting and meeting deadlines
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
- Fluent English, and professional proficiency in Dari and Pashto (writing and speaking)
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Applications due by: July 17, 2020
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.