IDG is currently looking for a Privatization Business Analyst to join the USAID SOE Rapid Response Activity (SOERR) in Ukraine.
Successful reform of state-owned enterprises (SOEs) will boost Ukraine’s economic growth, help attract foreign direct investment, create new employment opportunities, and significantly improve Ukraine’s position in the world’s competitiveness ranking. SOE reform plays a critical role in enabling Ukraine to meet its various reform objectives. In particular, reforming SOEs is a key aspect of achieving USAID/Ukraine’s Development Objective (DO) of reducing the economic impact of corruption. Well-administered and effective SOEs can bring significant economic benefits to the country and build faith in the country’s reform trajectory. USAID is launching the SOE Rapid Response Activity (SOERR) to quickly mobilize critical SOE reform assistance to the Government of Ukraine.
Position title: Privatization Business Analyst (1 position)
Duration: 6 months
Scope of Work
The role of the Privatization Business Analyst will be to conduct a comprehensive analysis of the State Property Fund’s (SPFU) privatization process to identify the best strategies to conduct the all-encompassing privatization process by the SPFU.
The Analyst will have an active role in planning and management of day-to-day activities of the SPFU privatization process. He/she will be responsible for drafting, developing, and regularly updating the documentation concerning project analysis as well as ensuring that realistic project timelines are developed and adhered to. In addition, the Analyst will proactively manage and effectively resolve potential issues that may result in delays and non-completion of tasks. He/she will communicate with key stakeholders and develop business ideas how to mitigate potential risks in the privatization process.
- Develop and operationalize automation of the process of verification of enterprises’ compliance with the criteria for privatization;
- Organize the process of gathering relevant information for verification including automatic cross-checking of data and information;
- Support and facilitate the operational process of interaction with the executive authorities in making decisions on the privatization / automation of this process;
- Assist with the process of collecting primary documentation from enterprises and establishing a system of control over the collection of information;
- Set up the networks and working groups to collect information from businesses in regional offices;
- Report on tasks related to the processes described above.
- A work plan with concrete steps for automation of the compliance verification process;
- Information collection system established and operational;
- Regional networks established that provide relevant data;
- Report on issues and challenges encountered.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, management, public administration or a related field. Master’s degree preferred;
- Experience: At least five (5) years in business analysis or financial and management reporting;
- Experience with analytical work towards formalization and automation of decision-making processes;
- Excellent teamworking, communication and presentation skills;
- Good command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken
Reporting: The Manager will report to the EDGE Regional Representative. He/she will send brief weekly updates, and a more detailed monthly report (not to exceed 5 pages) to the EDGE Regional Representative. In addition, the expert must consult with EDGE RR and if feasible, get relevant inputs and comments on the deliverables prior to sending them to the beneficiary.
Probationary period: The Manager will have a one-month probationary period of performance. After the probationary period ends, depending on the performance of the expert, he/she will continue to work on regular terms until the end of the contract, or in case of unsatisfactory performance, the contract will be terminated.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG assistance programs aim to build institutional capacity in the public, private and non-for-profit sectors to achieve measurable and sustainable impact for their communities. Since its foundation in 1988, our company has been successfully managing complex development programs for USAID and other international donors in over 25 countries.
International Development Group (IDG) is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).