Cardno has been engaged to provide a facility management team to manage the Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF) operations to ensure effective service delivery.
Since 2008 the Solomon Islands Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS), with the support of development partners, has led a Sector-Wide approach (SWAp) to the delivery of health services in Solomon Islands. Australia and 15 other SWAp partners have aligned their support to the objectives of the Solomon Islands National Health Strategic Plan 2016-2020. Under phase 3 of the Health Sector Support Program (HSSP3), Australia is providing AUD70m over four years (2016 – 2020) for direct budget support, performance linked funding and technical assistance.
The overall program goal for HSSP3 is to improve access to quality universal health care in Solomon Islands. The three program objectives include:
- Improved quality and quantity of primary health care services (preventive, promotive and curative);
- Stronger health systems to support service delivery;
- Implementation of priority reforms and innovative measures to ensure sustainable service delivery.
The Procurement and Contract Management Adviser will manage government procurement within Solomon Islands line ministries including the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS). The adviser will also provide ongoing support to mitigating fiduciary and procurement risk for the HSSP3 program and SIG funding.
Although annual volumes vary, annual procurement undertaken through the HSSP generally comprises the following major categories:
- Infrastructure rehabilitation
- Essential medicines and medical supplies
- Medical equipment
- Provincial goods and services
- National goods and services
The adviser will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that procurement planning is fully integrated into the MHMS annual planning and budget process, and strengthen regular reporting on the status of the Annual Procurement Plan;
- Work with and build the capacity and capability of the Procurement Division, including provision of advice on training required and the provision of collegiate mentoring and coaching in support of the Procurement Division effectively meeting its operational requirements.
- Build the capacity of systems and individuals across MHMS to undertake procurement, particularly focusing on those areas and Divisions / Units that directly or together with the Procurement Division undertake procurement, contract management and administration and asset management
For further information, please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/4795/tor_procurement-and-contract-management-adviser_final-2.pdf
You will be a motivated and proactive Procurement and Contracts Adviser with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Project Management or similar discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in implementation and management of procurement processes and systems at a senior level (preferably in a public sector environment);
- Proven problem solving and risk management skills, with strong judgement on how and when to engage on sensitive matters in the procurement field;
- Demonstrated success in sustainable individual and organisational capacity development, particularly the ability to effectively share knowledge, mentor and coach people, and to motivate a team to achieve shared goals;
- Resilience, flexibility, team player and professional integrity, including the ability to maintain a constructive approach to work and interpersonal dealings, particularly during times of pressure and on sensitive issues;
- Understanding of the importance of cross-cutting development issues role in procurement including gender equality, anti-corruption and disability.
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline C, Level 3 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience relevant to the role.
To access the ARF rates, please copy and paste the following link: https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW
Location and travel requirements
The position will be based in Honiara with regular provincial travel required.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the “apply” button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/MN/SIRF/PCMA by Sunday 22nd September. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter. Please copy paste this link to access the application form: https://bit.ly/2MQfJCS
About the Organization
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.