LOCATION: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
POSITION TITLE: Procurement and Grants Manager
STATUS: Full time
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is currently recruiting for the position of full-time Procurement and Grants Manager in its Burkina Faso project office to support the five-year, USAID-funded Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE II) Water Security and Resilience Activity (WSR). This Activity is meant to enhance social and ecological risk management systems so that ‘Chronically vulnerable populations in Burkina Faso and Niger effectively manage shocks and stresses and pursue sustainable pathways out of poverty.’ This will be achieved through three components:
1. Improved water security
2. Enhanced sustainable productive land use
3. Improved management of shocks, risks, and stresses.
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 3 pages including resume, two references and one-page cover letter) in English to the ‘Join Us’ link at www.winrock.org, indicating “Procurement and Grants Manager” in the subject line. The deadline for submission of the applications is January 17, 2019. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
The Procurement and Grants Manager reports to the Burkina Faso Operations Director.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for leading and implementing all project procurement activities. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and process all procurements in accordance to USAID rules and regulations and WI procedures and policies, including preparation of bid documents, bid invitations, evaluations, recommendations, approvals and placement of orders. This includes USAID mission approvals as required for the non-restricted or restricted items;
- Submit periodic reports including annual procurement plans;
- Manage all leases and service agreements for the project including arranging meetings, price negotiation, follow-ups, preparing agreements, gaining Chief of Party or WI-HQ approvals, and signing by the parties;
- Coordinate with the partner organizations on matters relating to determining equipment needs and their procurements;
- Coordinate all repair/maintenance works of office equipment, building, furnishings, arrange for bids and provide recommendations for repair;
- Establish an inventory, and ensure all durable good procured are properly tagged and included in the inventory;
- Conduct periodic inventory of office properties, update and maintain inventory records, identify discrepancies and recommend reconciliation actions in consultation with the Operations Director and report to WI-HQ;
- Undertake field visits to provide support for office setup, leases and other logistics needs;
- Oversee all procurements and subawards/contracts, including preparation of bid documents, bid invitations, evaluations, recommendations, approvals, placement of orders, and vendor bills. This includes obtaining USAID’s approval as required for the non-restricted or restricted items;
- Work closely with the administration team on other matters as requested.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (or equivalent with additional professional experience);
- Minimum five years of professional experience in a procurement role;
- Minimum three years of experience on USAID-funded programs required;
- Experience working with local and international NGOs is a plus;
- Fluency in English is required.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.