QED is looking for a Procurement and Logistics Specialist to serve on the USAID Vietnam Learns Program. The purpose of the program is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and their partners to be more efficient, effective and transparent in achieving program results through the use of evidence, performance management techniques, and Collaborating Learning and Adapting practices.
- Develop and maintain overall procurement systems and procedures that are in compliance with QED polices and USG rules and regulations, transparent and effective: directly manage procurement activities for both goods and services
- Work directly with local, regional or international vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities and services
- Liaise with the Home Office on large procurements, including reviewing requests for proposals for gaps and additions, providing estimates of costs, researching and analyzing market data for effective RFPs, and identifying vendors for RFP distribution
- Prepare routine and special reports on procurement activity for submission to the project leadership as requested
- Maintain inventory control system; facilitate annual inventory reconciliation in coordination with the project leadership and QED Home Office contracts personnel on contract anniversary date
- Responsible for day-to-day office management and support services, activities, and personnel including project drivers
- Support the deployment of short-term technical experts, logistics and operations, including fleet and asset management, travel, and security
- Follow up with USAID on issuing and renewing the project staff’s USAID ID cards, permits and visas.
- Act as QED representative with the office landlord, insurance, mobile, and internet companies and support local network
- Support the compliance department in collecting vetting documents, including liaising with partner/beneficiary individuals as necessary and in coordination with relevant technical staff
- Responsible for the maintenance of all computer equipment, and office furniture
- Be in charge of a number of administrative tasks, such as
- Ensure the provisions are in stock for general office supplies
- Facilitate in making of photocopies and binding of documents, when requested. Facilitate in scanning task and sending of documents via postal or fax.
- Ensure the office and its premises are clean and tidy
- Responsible for the overall general office maintenance and ensure that all the IT and electrical equipment are properly functional
- Plan travel for teams in Vietnam, including lodging, ground transportation and flights. Develop relationships with air service providers, travel agents, hotel operators and caterers, obtain quotes for services as required.
- Track all local hotel reservations, flights, and events. Check incoming invoices to ensure accuracy and record against relevant tracker
- Manage daily vehicle fleet and fuel management as per procedures and maintain inventory list
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration, or related area (e.g., accounting, management, or compliance)
- At least five years of experience directly managing procurement policies and practices for a donor project, strong familiarity with USAID rules and regulations with regards to procurement and office management
- Ability to work independently, to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet and Microsoft Windows applications
- Strong management skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent English and Vietnamese language skills
About the Organization
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in more than 90 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.