The Procurement and Operations Manager will carry out various aspects of hardware, software, facilities and offices services procurement for all departments within the IT division. The manager will assist with the management of vendor relationships, coordinates with the finance and accounting division regarding leasing schedules, as well as comprehensively manages the assets the IT division is responsible. The manager will support projects or special initiatives carried out by the operations department. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.The Manager will additionally coordinate and address operational issues such as including but not limited to programmatic planning, finance and budgeting, recruitment, employee relations, contracts, communications, and corporate reporting. The manager will support projects or special initiatives carried out by the operations department.
- Manage staffing and resource requirements within the division as an expert resource for home-office and portfolio/project resourcing.
- Assists the CIO and department directors with salary increase, promotion, and bonus activities.
- Monitors the submission and implementation of the Professional Development Plans and prepare associated status reports.
- Organizes divisional events, retreats, staff meetings, team building activities and resilience trainings for the division’s staff.
- Supervises, mentors and evaluates the operations associate; ensures operations associate receive regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time and opportunity to grow and develop in key competency areas.
- Liaises with other departments, units and individuals on joint planning of activities when the operations support is required, including contract management, personnel relations, and targeted training.
- Leads coordination of quarterly reporting to the Executive Office and staffing budget preparation.
- Assist with the work planning
- Ensures the Operations Department electronic and hard copies files respond to Chemonics standards, records management policies and filing structures that supports the company’s systems.
- Serves as the Records Manager Account Representative for the GTID Operations Department.
- Assist the Operations Director with resource management for GTID portfolio of projects included in the project management system, PRIME.
Procurement and Finance:
- As part of the procurement professionals, manages procurement processes, of hardware, software, facilities services and commodities, including obtaining quotes and working with GTID staff to make sure quotes are accurate, competitive, and in accordance with commercial and USG procurement and compliance regulations.
- Maintain tracker of expiring products and recurring service costs; notify appropriate department contacts of expiration; and reach out to vendors to initiate renewal process in consultation with the technical teams.
- Keeps abreast of commercial and USG contracting and procurement standards and regulations applicable to this position.
- Manages, in coordination with the other manager in the Operations Department, the preparation of division’s annual and monthly budget projections and other reports as required by the Executive Office, Finance and Accounting, or the CIO.
- Achieves financial objectives by operating within an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances.
- Supports GITD budgeting, financial management, scheduling and monitoring implementation as assigned.
- Undertakes technical assignments on projects or special GTID initiatives, both billable and non-billable as required.
- Assist with the Division’s initiatives and measurement of the division key performance indicators and contribute to the preparation of results reports.
- Assist with the department communications.
- Actively support or participate in new business activities and proposal teams, when appropriate.
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
- Promote a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, and accepting and giving constructive recommendations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject matter
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience, including significant experience with complex purchasing or procurement for IT-related equipment, services, and software
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of procurement and contract management for USG regulations and guidelines in order to provide support and guidance in a strategic manner
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong Ms. Excel data analytical skills, including the use of Pivot Tables for data analysis and ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively both orally and in writing, and deliver presentations, training, and facilitate meetings effectively
- Ability to solve problems creatively, multitask, work under tight deadlines, and learn new concepts quickly
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail is required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year; experience living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries
- Foreign language fluency preferred (French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred)
Apply through our Career Center at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=3038 by March 5, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.