The PSM Expert will provide technical support to the Ministry of Health all across all aspects of the supply chain for medicines and health related products. He/She will work directly with the Ministry of Health, central warehousing, and other grantees working in the health space.
Required Minimum Education:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, International Development, Pharmacy, , etc.).
Required Minimum Experience:
- 8 years or related experience required in health product management, including pharmaceutical and laboratory commodities.
Preferred Minimum Experience:
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and supply chain management for health products, including pharmaceutical and laboratory commodities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience supporting the national logistics technical unit for health products to provide leadership and oversight in identifying and resolving the challenges faced in the implementation of supply chain activities.
- Technical knowledge and experience developing and implementing procurement plans in a developing country context for health products, lab products, and medicines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement adequate and appropriate quality control mechanisms for supply chain management of health products/medicines.
- Technical knowledge of the storage, distribution, and inventory management for health commodities in a developing country context.
- Familiarity and experience working with LMIS system CHANNEL.
- Experience developing and successfully implementing plans for monitoring the effectiveness of the implementation of PSM activities for various grants.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.