Global Fund is accelerating the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics by mobilising and investing nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. The Global Fund (GF) does not have offices in the countries it supports. Instead, all staff are based at the Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland. GF relies on independent organisations in each country known as Local Fund Agents (LFAs). There is generally one per country and they work closely with the country team at the Secretariat to evaluate and monitor activities before, during and after the implementation of a grant. IDAS is looking to recruit Procurement and Supply Chain Management Experts as part of the LFA team to provide services to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Ghana.
As the PSM Expert, you will provide the following services to KPMG on the LFA assignment as detailed below:
- Review Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) Plans in accordance with Global Fund requirements in order to assess their efficiency and effectiveness and make recommendations for necessary follow up by the Principal Recipient (PR)
- Assess the feasibility of PSM plans, policies, structures and capacities for management of pharmaceuticals, other health products and treatment regimens
- Review the various aspects and stages of specific procurement processes, to ensure compliance with grant documentation and applicable procurement policies and norms;
- Identify if the products under the grant are used for the purpose for which they were procured
- Conduct desk review and physical verification of goods procured under the grant
- Verify that all the procurements have been made in line with Global Fund Quality Assurance policies
- Assess that the procurement activities have been carried out transparently through competitive procedures in line with Global Fund and National guidelines/regulations and bring adequate value for money
- Identify overstocking /under stocking situations in the supply chain which may lead to unwarranted expiration/out of stock situation
- Carry out Price Quality Reporting (PQR) auditing for all covered Pharmaceuticals and health products.
- Identify risks which may lead to diversion of health products or other malpractices
- Conduct on-site and off-site assessments following the Global Fund framework
Nature / Duration of Contract
Nature of employment: Independent Consultant/ Sub-contractor. This is a part-time role in Ghana and open to both residents and fly-in Experts
Duration: One year, renewable
Reporting relationship: Consultant will report to the Team Leader and Engagement Partner
Timelines and Deliverables
- Review and comment or make recommendations on sections of Progress Update for all Primary Recipients (PRs)
- Prepare reports for PSM tasks commissioned by the Global Fund using agreed format or template
- The reporting timelines will be agreed on a case by case basis
Qualification and Experience
- Post-graduate-level or above in a procurement & logistics related discipline
- 10+ years of experience leading procurement in large, multi-year programmes that have implemented successful activities in public health.
- Leadership, strategic thinking, organisational, team-building and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to function effectively with representatives of key stakeholders such as private sector, government and other donors.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- A fantastic opportunity to work on exciting development programmes across Africa (www.kpmg.com/das)
- Continuous learning and development
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative
If your aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your application letter and CV giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting IDAS/07/2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.
About the Organization
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services, which include audit, tax and advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services Unit (IDAS) is a KPMG Centre of Excellence (CoE) in development advisory work on the continent. KPMG IDAS has adopted a pan-African approach to development work, employing full-time experienced development experts within the KPMG Africa team at our headquarters in Nairobi, together with a network of champions across the twenty countries of KPMG in sub-Saharan Africa.
KPMG IDAS Africa coordinates projects throughout Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results and development impact. Our country and donor experience in Africa is extensive and we pride ourselves as a leading service provider to development initiatives and delivering impact and results using innovative solutions. Our diverse team includes people of different professional backgrounds and nationalities, and this mix is fundamental to our success. Typically, we assemble teams of senior professionals that comprise specialised development expertise combined with core KPMG knowledge in financial and risk management.