DevTech has procured the services of a PSCM Specialist to conduct third-party monitoring activities in partnership with USAID/Nigeria and the MEL Activity for the Northern Education Initiative Plus (NEI Plus) activity in Bauchi and Sokoto state. The purpose of these monitoring activities is to provide data for USAID/Nigeria on programming in insecure regions where USAID/Nigeria staff are prohibited from or have difficulty reaching due to dynamic security situations. However, the education monitoring specialist and PSCM Specialist is based in or has a working knowledge the northern part of Nigeria and know the local context for working in these regions.
Scope of Work:
For this activity, the technical responsibilities of the Contractor under this contract include:
Review activity relevant background documents, as provided by the MEL Activity, to ensure familiarity with USAID/Nigeria’s activity, site, implementing partner, and the specific subject matter of the activity
Prepare for and attend in-brief and debrief meeting with USAID/Nigeria and/or the MEL Activity
Provide Android or iOS tablets having the minimum requirements and compatible with ASKIA software
Review scripted data collection tools to ensure familiarity and understanding
Test data collection tools on tablets prior to conducting site visits
Execute data collection activities in the field at specific implementation sites, strictly adhering to and following the DevTech approved field-based monitoring protocols utilizing the data collection tools provided and approved by USAID/Nigeria and the MEL Activity
Record all activity monitoring data in the DevTech-approved data collection tools, including GPS coordinates and other relevant GIS data
Ensure all monitoring data meets standard quality control processes as outlined in DevTech’s monitoring protocols
Transmit all monitoring data to the cloud server, housed in DevTech’s Abuja office in accordance with the timeline approved by USAID/Nigeria
Analyze and report monitoring data in accordance with DevTech-approved reporting template and the submission of draft report within 3 days after field work
Immediately communicate to the MEL Activity any issues experienced with USAID, the implementing partner, the timeline, the data and/or other unforeseen circumstances including, but not limited to security
In addition, the Contractor under this contract will have the following NEI Plus activity specific technical responsibilities:
- The PSCM Specialist must have the technical expertise to monitor and track a logistics and supply chain distribution cycle from the point of production/manufacturer to the end users/last mile distribution.
- The PSCM specialist will collaborate with the education specialist, the MEL activity FBM coordinator and MEL specialist for Education regarding logistics, security, travel and meetings both in Abuja, Bauchi and Sokoto state.
- The PSCM specialist will travel to and monitor multiple sites during the course of the site visit as well as conduct interview with, and other relevant stakeholders.
- The PSCM specialist will conduct an activity monitoring and output verification of the NEI Plus activity including the supply of TLM’s to the end users.
- The PSCM specialist will collaborate with the education monitoring specialist to conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders such as head teachers, classroom teachers, government officials, community leaders, printers etc.
- The PSCM specialist will conduct o n-site-data-verification and reporting of contextual findings.
Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule:
- Review the monitoring protocol for the site visit.
- Submit a draft FBM report using the DevTech standard field report template.
- Address feedback and submit a final FBM report using the DevTech standard field report template.
- In-brief before field work and debrief after field work.
- Ensure all deliverables on the assigned scope of work are met.
- Four-year university degree in business, procurement & supply chain management, or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience.
- Two (2) years’ specific experience supporting procurement of goods and services, preferably with USAID- or US Government-funded projects
- Willingness and ability to develop in-depth understanding of USAID’s ADS, AIDAR, and the FAR, and the regulations which apply to Education activities and awards.
- Strong knowledge of donor USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Experience in reviewing and implementing PSCM plans as well as logistics plans.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and report on challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Experience in analysing cost-effective efficient procurement supply and logistics arrangements.
- Experience in tracking and tracing of shipments/supplies to final destination at zonal warehouse.
- Experience in monitoring Release orders and coordination within supply and logistics section
- Experience in conducting field visits and spot checks of PSCM implementation
- Ability to monitor and report on accurate inventory tracking, inventory aging and incoming supplies information.
- Experience in monitoring information management of supply chain partners; with particular focus on supply utilization and forecasting.
- Able to review, verify and interpret supply status reports required for donor reports, budget reviews, program analysis, annual reports, appeals, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of third-party logistics management system in Bauchi and Sokoto state.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel to Bauchi and Sokoto state.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience working in Bauchi and Sokoto state and/or a conflict environment.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages used in Bauchi and Sokoto state (Hausa, Kanuri, and Fulfulde, etc.).
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.