Chemonics seeks a procurement and supply management (PSM) director for the ongoing USAID the Global Health Supply Chain program – procurement and supply management (GHSC-PSM) project in Malawi. The GHSC-PSM project directly supports the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s population and reproductive health program to increase availability of health commodities, strengthen host country policy and systems for health commodities, and facilitate country, regional, and global coordination – all to ensure the long-term availability of health commodities in public and private sectors worldwide. In the GHSC-PSM Malawi office, the procurement and supply management (PSM) director is the team lead of the public health program supply chain specialists and the capacity building and field support teams. These teams are responsible for improving central and facility level availability of health commodities, increasing the use of data for decision-making, and providing support to program coordinating mechanisms to improve data quality at all levels of the supply chain. This position will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work with team members to develop detailed quarterly implementation plans (ensuring data-driven planning), activity budgets, and monthly cash flow projection based on the annual work plan
- Work with team members to identify and plan requirements/ scopes of works (SOWs) for short-term technical assignments (STTAs) related to the team’s work plan activities, complete the needed preparatory steps with the in-country counterparts, and support the technical assistance (TA) providers once in-country to successfully implement the planned SOWs
- Provide oversight to the planning and implementation of program-specific national quantification exercises, monthly stock status monitoring and pipeline updates, and monthly distribution planning for health commodities
- Participate in annual work plan development ensuring that team member suggestions and inputs are considered
- Prepare and submit regular and timely progress reports on the collective activities of the team
- Participate in the preparation and/or review of the project’s technical reports/documents
- Provide technical assistance to United States Government (USG) Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) implementing partners (IPs) and the Ministry of Health (MOH) Department of HIV/AIDS, liaising closely with these partners to ensure sufficient availability of VMMC commodities
- Ensure that Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes are in place, maintained throughout the supply chain, and reviewed/revisited periodically
- Ensure all standard operating procedures reflect the most up-to-date, internationally accepted practices and ensure compliance with evolving innovations
- Conduct analyses on quality trends based on accumulated data and propose corrective actions and/or (in consultation) adopt quality control requirements as necessary
- Advanced degree in pharmacy, supply chain, logistics, project management, public health or related field, or bachelor’s degree in the same fields plus an additional five years of work experience beyond the required eight years below
- Minimum of eight years providing technical assistance and leadership oversight for public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID public health project activities in Malawi
- Ability to create efficiencies and lead the implementation of large complex public health programs, preferably with experience in medical procurement, logistics, or supply chain management
- Demonstrated ability to build colleagues staff’s competences in supply chain management
- Proven ability to collaborate with MOH, USAID, and other key stakeholders in the Malawian health supply chain
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills, proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “GHSC-PSM Malawi PSM Director-Applicant Name” in the subject line to MalawiPSMPMU@ghsc-psm.org by Friday, October 2, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.