Our client is accelerating the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics by mobilising and investing nearly US$4 billion a year to support programmes run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Our client relies on independent organisations in its countries of operation known as Local Fund Agents (LFAs). IDAS is looking to recruit Procurement and Supply Chain Management Experts for the Health Sector as part of the LFA team in Ghana.
As the PSM Expert, you will provide the following services to KPMG on the LFA assignment as detailed below:
- Review Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) Plans in accordance with set standards in order to assess their efficiency and effectiveness and make recommendations for necessary follow up by the Principal Recipient (PR)
- Assess the feasibility of PSM plans, policies and capacities for management of pharmaceuticals, other health products and treatment regimens
- Review the stages of procurement processes, to ensure compliance with grant documentation and applicable procurement policies and norms
- Verify that all the procurements have been made in line with Quality Assurance policies
- Assess that the procurement activities have been carried out transparently through competitive procedures in line with National guidelines/regulations and bring adequate value for money
- Identify overstocking /under stocking situations in the supply chain which may lead to unwarranted expiration/out of stock situation
- Carry out Price Quality Reporting (PQR) auditing for all covered Pharmaceuticals and health products.
- Identify risks which may lead to diversion of health products or other malpractices
- Conduct on-site and off-site assessments
- Review and comment or make recommendations on sections of Progress Update for all Primary Recipients (PRs)
- Prepare reports for PSM tasks commissioned by our client using agreed format or template
- The reporting timelines will be agreed on a case by case basis
A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in managing or advising on the procurement, supply and use of health products, particularly in developing countries with:
- Experience/expertise in assessing policies, systems and structures in the public and/or private health sector relevant for managing effective and efficient access to pharmaceuticals and other health products, particularly for AIDS, TB and malaria
- Experience/expertise in the procurement of health products including regulations and tendering process
- Experience/expertise in supply chain/logistics management systems
- Experience in quantification and forecasting of health product needs in public health programs
- A good understanding of AIDS, TB, malaria market dynamics and existing global supply challenges as well as international health products procurement and supply management practices, applicable national and international laws and recognised standards
- Good writing and analytical skills
A Graduate Degree (MSc. equivalent) in:
- Public Health
- other related discipline
Professional training in procurement and supply management (PSM) of health products, logistics and/or public health.
Nature / Duration of Contract: Independent Consultant/ Sub-contractor. This is a part-time role in Ghana for residents only
Duration: The Consultant will be required to work on a need basis
Reporting relationship: The Consultant will report to the Team Leader and Engagement Partner
- Competitive daily rate
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams
To apply, please forward your cover letter and CV giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting IDAS/0A/2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
About the Organization
KPMG in Ghana is a leading provider of professional services including Audit, Tax and Advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS) team employs experienced development experts across Africa and beyond. IDAS works with a wide range of clients including major development actors.