The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
UNOPS Pakistan (Project Office) is part of the Nepal Multi Country Office in the Asia Region. With a steady growth of the project portfolio in the recent years and a new strategic direction, UNOPS Pakistan is looking to consolidate and optimize the support services provided at the Project Office level, to enable sustainable portfolio growth, as well as efficiency and quality of its delivery.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the functional supervisor, the most senior of whom reports to the Head of Support Services, the Procurement Associate ensures the provision of efficient and timely support services in procurement and contract administration to the different programmers in a relevant geographical area. He/she promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and provides support to the relevant procurement personnel. In the discharge of her/his duties, the Procurement Associate works with minimal supervision and liaises with UNOPS Programme Support Officers, Chief Technical Advisors, Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Assistants in order to ensure best support.
Summary of Key results area:
- Transactional Procurement Support services
- Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
- Bidding and tendering processes
- Contract administration
- Team Management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Procurement Associate affect the performance of major aspects of the relevant business unit/s, project activities, procurement and contract management support services, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective services and deliverables. This ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
Please visit the online vacancy for more information and to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16806
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First level University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in providing procurement support services in national and/or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of at least one local language of the duty station is required.
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peace-building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.