Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Procurement Associate ensures the provision of efficient and timely support services in procurement and contract administration to the different programmers in a relevant geographical area. She/he promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and provides support to the relevant procurement personnel. In the discharge of her/his duties, the Procurement Associate works with minimal supervision and liaises with UNOPS Project Personnel as needed in order to ensure best support.
Summary of key functions:
- Transactional Procurement Support services
- Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
- Bidding and tendering processes
- Contract administration
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
1. Transactional Procurement Support services
Administers a range of transactional-procurement support activities, ensuring compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including the following:
- Incorporation of necessary steps to embed sustainability in the procurement process.
- Completeness of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs).
- Completeness of documentation for preparation/processing of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Provision of requested research/data on market supply by conducting routine market research to determine sources of supplies, using United Nations Global Market Place, and other external sources;
- Set-up/enhancement and maintenance of the local supplier database, ensuring regular update of data.
- Information databases, all procurement files and records updated and maintained.
- Status reports generated, as required.
- Availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes;
2. Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
Administratively and technically supports the office’s planning, requisitions/procurement and sourcing support processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collaboration with projects personnel and Managers in the preparation of their procurement plan, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the given geographical area / project activity.
- Maintenance and update of procurement monitoring processes for projects and provision of feedback on purchase orders to requesting office;
- Provision of proposals to requesting entity on modes for providing goods, works and services, including procurement deadlines for each stage;
- Review of requisitions for completeness;
- Preparation of proper and complete specification for equipment and materials, Job Profiles and Statement of Works for the preparation of RFP, RFQ and ITB, ensuring clearance/approval by respective units of the requests.
- Constant liaison with vendors and consignee until safe delivery of goods is achieved.
- Drafting of letters, memoranda, faxes, email, etc.; monitoring of progress and liaison with vendors during the entire procurement cycle; investigation and resolution of post-order problems and of progress reports on procurement matters;
- Oral/written responses to queries from projects, clients, companies, etc. regarding procurement related matters
- Preparation of monthly reports on procurement matters;
- Liaison with the logistics unit or projects on receipt of goods, equipments and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report, RIR (Receipt and Inspection Report), or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken;
3. Bidding and tendering processes
Undertakes or supervises technical support to bidding and tendering processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of shortlists of suitable contractors/suppliers for purchases of value over designated amounts for approval of designated officer;
- Preparation and issuance of EOI, RFQ, ITB, RFP or other tender documents as required, ensuring their conformity with UNOPS approved templates or seeking legal clearance in case of required adjustments;
- Together with the requesting programme/operations clients, support review and evaluation of bids or proposals received and preparation of analysis for less-complex, contract awards and for submission to the LCPC or other, statutory, designated body;
- Preparation of HQCPC, or designated body, submission together with the requesting programme/operations component;
- Organizing of LCPC (or desiganted, statutory body) meetings as may be required, and circulating at least 24 hours in advance documents for review;
- Maintenance of records of LCPC or designated, statutory body.
4. Contract administration
Supports efficient contract administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Follow-up signing of contracts by vendors;
- Obligation of funds in Enterprise system and obtaining of appropriate signatures for approval;
- Dissemination of contract advertisement and awards;
- Maintenance of contracts and filing system;
- Maintenance of databases/rosters of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics
5. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organizes, facilitates and/or delivers training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in procurement
- Collects feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively
Required Selection Criteria
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, or related areas is desirable but not required.
- Relevant certification in procurement and supply chain management (CIPS or similar) is a distinct advantage.
- Six years of relevant experience in providing procurement support services in national and/or international, public or corporate organizations is required
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is an asset
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages and experience in handling of web-based management systems is an asset.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable
- Fluency in English and Georgian is required
- Driving license and ability to travel independently would be an asset
- Strategic Perspective - Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
ALL CANDIDATES ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT A CV AND COVER LETTER ALONG WITH THEIR APPLICATION
Contract type, level and duration
This is a local position, it is therefore open to Nationals of Georgia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
Contract type: Ongoing ICA
Contract level: Local ICA 6
Contract duration: Open-ended subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and/or to satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
EU4 Security, Accountability and Fight against Crime in Georgia (SAFE) - Support to advancing technical capacities for ensuring human security
The overall "EU4 Security, Accountability and Fight against Crime in Georgia" (SAFE) programme will contribute to increase the security of Georgian citizens by strengthening good governance and the rule of law in Georgia, through support provided to the prevention and fight against crime; hybrid and emerging threats; border management; civil protection and crisis management; and oversight of the security sector. “Support to Advancing Technical Capacities for Ensuring Human Security” component is part of this broader action with an overall objective to contribute to the efficiency, effectiveness and accountability of institutions in the security sector. The project will identify specific needs and procure cutting edge technology/equipment to enhance institutional and operational capacities of designated security sector actors, law enforcement agencies and oversight institutions.
This is an anticipated funding project and the announcement is conditional pending signing of project agreement.