The Procurement & Contracts Manager manages the procurement processes for all ongoing programs and supervises Procurement Managers of each Blumont entity. Ensures that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place and procurement is conducted in compliance with Blumont and Donor policies and procedure and to comply with one or all of the below U.S Government Regulations:
- OMB 2 CFR 200
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (48 CFR Chapter 1)
- 22 CFR part 228-Rules for Procurement of Commodities and Services Financed by USAID
- Blumont’s Procurement Policy and Manual
- AIDAR (48 CFR chapter 7)
- USAID Automated Directive System (ADS) 300 series
- Other Donor’s policies and procedures
Job Function/ Description/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring highest level of integrity and confidentiality of the procurement process and proper adherence to Blumont and donor procurement policies and procedures
- Supervises the procurement process; evaluate costs effectiveness and provide support in negotiating subcontracts and sub-agreements, based on Blumont’s procurement policies and donors’ rules and regulations.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of proposed services, supplies and equipment; conducts cost and quality comparisons and analysis.
- Mange and supervises evaluation process, selection recommendations and recommends the best value proposals for awards.
- Prepare procurement guidelines for procurement staff in close coordination with HQ Contracts and Grants Department
- Coordinates payment of invoices with the finance team as needed;
- Prepares, reviews and submits weekly / monthly reports to the Director of Contracts & Grants
- Provide training, supervision, evaluation; and mentoring for procurement staff on procurement procedures and guides staff during the process as required.
- Coordinate/liaison with projects directors (COPs).
- Reviews and clears all RFQs/RFPs before releasing.
- Ensure that purchases are based on competitive bidding and sufficient number of responsive quotations/proposals.
- Ensure that proper segregation of purchasing responsibilities is in place in Amman office.
- Provides support, advice and assistance when needed in procurement of services, supplies, equipment for the projects, and provision information on best options in local and international markets. Follow market trends and stay abreast of any relevant developments.
- Review contracts and submission of compliant procurement package to HQ
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and services for the country program.
- Reviews all Blumont tendering and procurement processes in country office ensuring strict compliance with Blumont and donor regulations
- Manage procurement database and provide procurement reports and statistics
- Manage pre-award surveys, as required.
- Follow up on shipment and receiving goods.
- Monitors vendors/subcontractors’ performance.
- Check and follow up on all government requirements related to taxation and documentation.
- Ensures completeness of procurement files.
- Ensures that all procurement systems (PRF, Canvass Sheet, Inventory, and Contracts Manager Systems) are operational and running and are compliant with all applicable Donors and Blumont policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Any other procurement/contracts related duties as requested
Required Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a technical competency area such as: Contracts, business administration, management, accounting, economics
- At least five years U.S. government procurement experience required, experience with USAID and UN agencies preferred.
- At least three years supervision experience
- Fluency in Arabic preferred.
- Proven problem-solving ability, detailed orientation and effective inter-personal skills
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong written &oral communications both in Arabic and English
- Could work under pressure. Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Having ability to handle and resolve all vendors/suppliers complains and comments.
- Strong numerical and analytic skills and can think in a very logical way
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to work productively with little supervision.
- Ability to conceptualize, outline, perform, and direct research and writing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision, management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct relevant procurement trainings
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups