The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Support to Project Preparation for Environment and Climate Change Sector” in Montenegro.
The Procurement Expert will provide support for strengthening the capacities of the relevant institutions in preparing project pipeline for infrastructure investments, completing gaps missing in the selected priority projects not reaching adequate level of maturity. Procurement Expert shall be in charge for coordination of preparations of TDs. Minimum required input from the expert should be 330 working days, actively working with the staff of the Beneficiary Institution.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree (degree awarded on university or equivalent institution attested by a diploma) with minimum four years of studies in engineering, economy, sciences;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written;
- Excellent computer literacy;
- Excellent communication skills.
General Professional Experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in planning, designing and implementing development policies or programmes or state aid schemes in the field of environment in the EU and/or national and/or IFI funded projects in EU Member States or a candidate country for EU membership.
Specific Professional Experience
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience with environmental investment projects technical documentation/feasibility studies /Environmental impact assessment-EIA in accordance with the EU requirements;
- Experience in EU procedures in particular PRAG, and FIDIC procedures;
- Experience in Western Balkans infrastructure investment projects would be an asset.
The services under this contract shall be performed in Podgorica, Montenegro. The target area to be covered by this project is the whole territory of Montenegro, and there might be a need for short term assignments of experts outside Podgorica.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is November 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date (minimum of 330 working days).
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.