Procurement/Financial Management Specialist – Afghanistan
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world. SHELADIA believes that practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all stakeholders, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions and operational systems to optimize the use of available resources.
SHELADIA is seeking a Procurement/Financial Management Specialist with the below experience in Afghanistan;
The professional must have a Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Financial Management, Public Administration, or other related fields however master’s degree is preferable. Minimum 7-years of relevant experience in procurement and financial management of large construction projects especially large dams and water sector projects at a similar position is required. Fluent in English and Good knowledge of Ms. Office. Strong analytical and financial management skills.
The specialist will:
- Ensure that ADB procurement policy, described in the Grant Agreement, are followed in all stages of the procurement of goods, works, and services for the project;
- Assist the CPMOs in preparing bidding documents for the procurement of goods, works, and services in accordance with ADB guidelines taking into account the Afghanistan Procurement Law. Coordinating and supervising all project procurement activities, in close coordination with corresponding relevant procurement department (MEW) and ADB;
- Review tender documents with particular reference to the commercial aspects to ensure ADB comments are incorporated in the final version;
- Assist in the evaluation of bids and proposals if requested and in the preparation of any relevant evaluation reports;
- Assist the project director in a regular update of the procurement plan in coordination with the work plan and time schedule of the Project and the financing plan;
- Support MEW CPMO during contract negotiations and ensure meetings are properly recorded and ADB procedures and applicable national regulations are followed and that these are attached as annexes to the contract form;
- Develop systems to train and transfer finance and procurement skills on various aspects of ADB’s procedures for CPMO and the Ministries’ procurement department and finance department;
- Verify that correct documentation for each disbursement related to the execution of the contracts is maintained and that the corresponding contractual obligations have been fulfilled;
- Help MEW CPMO establish and maintain a financial management system, including books and accounts for the projects, adequate to reflect the operations, resources, and expenditures related to the projects in a detailed manner to facilitate accurate, detailed, and timely project reporting. Ensure proper asset management, compliance of expenditures with ADB fiduciary requirements, and that the accounting meets the applicable government and donor standards);
- Assist in the planning and budgeting for the project program, taking the lead role in the financial plan and budgets and ensuring that the assumptions, parameters, guidelines, and policies in planning are complied with; and
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of financial reports, including the provision of supporting documentation necessary to facilitate internal and external audits (the reporting framework should enable maintenance of accurate and updated accounting records and documents, including vouchers, bank statements, agreements, receipts, etc.).
How to Apply: Applications should include a CV and cover letter.
This position is open until filled. Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not respond to each candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
About the Organization
SHELADIA Associates, Inc. is an international provider of technical assistance, architectural & engineering services, as well as, construction supervision in sectors of transportation; architecture; energy; irrigation and water resources; agriculture; water supply; health and education; and capacity building for government agencies, communities, and other stakeholders.
SHELADIA’s work spans the continents of Africa, Asia, and the Americas. The firm has successfully implemented projects for US Government Agencies such as USAID, multi-lateral agencies (World Bank, ADB, African Development Bank), host governments, and private sector clients. The company is dedicated to crosscutting the areas of monitoring and evaluation, private sector participation, and social development, which have been a key element for many of our projects in all sectors.