Project title: Technical assistance to the Government of Malawi to support the implementation of public finance management reforms (Chuma Cha Dziko)
The overall objective of this assignment is to assist the Government of Malawi in achieving efficient and effective use of public resources to contribute to the growth of the economy and development of Malawi.
The purpose of this contract is to promote good economic governance and accountability. The programme seeks to contribute to efficient use of public funds and effective resource mobilisation. These areas address key constraints to an enabling environment conducive to growth and trade development.
The expected results of the project are:
Key result area 1: Enhanced implementation of PFM reforms.
Key result area 2: Increased effectiveness, efficiency and control of public expenditures and reduced fiduciary risks.
Key result area 3: Improved effectiveness and efficiency of revenue policy implementation.
Commencement date of the project: September 2019
Duration of the project: 60 months
Qualifications and skills
- Academic degree in either procurement, supply chain management, business administration or equivalent field, and/or recognised professional qualification in procurement (e.g. CIPS).
General professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in procurement and/or contract management.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in public procurement and/or contract management;
- Specific experience in public procurement oversight and/or public procurement controls and/or contract management and /or oversight of procurement profession; and
- Prior experience in Sub-Saharan-African countries would be an advantage.
- Respect for, and empathy with, Government counterparts;
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain effective working relationships; and using them to achieve results;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English; and
- Willingness to commit 5 years to this significant challenge in Malawi.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org