RTI International is seeking Procurement & Logistics Manager
Candidates for the All Children Reading-Cambodia project, funded by USAID. The position will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
The All Children Reading-Cambodia project will improve the early grade reading skills of children in grades 1 to 3 in Cambodia. The project will assist the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sport, its development partners, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector in harmonizing early grade reading (EGR) teaching and learning approaches in Cambodia. It will also help coordinate and support the implementation of rigorous, feasible, practical, scalable, and inclusive EGR interventions and models in Cambodia.
The Procurement and Logistics Manager will provide overall management of project procurement and logistical needs, including but not limited to the processes of procurement, transport of procured goods, and oversight of asset and inventory management and control. The Procurement and Logistics Manager will supervise the Procurement and Logistics Officer and will provide leadership and coordination of the entire procurement and logistics component in the project by ensuring compliance with RTI procurement and logistics policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Oversee procurement and logistics management of the project commodities/goods/materials and services required for operations
- Supervise the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Take the lead in the preparation and implementation of the annual procurement plan supported with budget and time tables;
- Perform all phases of sourcing activity while ensuring best value for money and within required lead times for a variety of requirements, including analysis of overall budgetary impact for all types of procurement transactions;
- Identify and develop qualified suppliers for a broad range of commodities and services in support of project activities with the goal to ensuring open competition, efficiency, price reasonableness and overall best value in procurement;
- Effectively negotiate with suppliers on a wide variety of commodities/goods/materials and services for the best overall value of money to the project;
- Lead the supply chain management efforts up to and including logistical support from the ordering point through the follow-up, and delivery of the required goods and/or services to the final destination;
- Coordinate the issuance of procurement solicitation documents (Request for Quotes, Request for Proposals or Invitation for Tenders) and Purchase Orders, and negotiate for assigned procurements such as commodities/goods/materials, and services in accordance with RTI policies and procedures.
- Understand and ensure compliance with legal guidelines, Federal Export Control (if applicable), contracting principles, sourcing and price/cost analysis requirements;
- Assist the Home Office Support Team in the preparation of requirements of federally funded contracts for consent to subcontract, source and origin waivers and budget approvals for nonexpendable properties;
- Provide leadership of overall property, and inventory control and management, reports, custody control documents, reconciliations for both expendables and non-expendables according to USAID rules and regulations;
- Conduct planned and cycle inventory counting exercises, cycle inventory reconciliation, and maintain updated asset and inventory records for the project;
- Ensure timely reporting on inventory status to program implementation staff and help program implementation staff plan inventory replenishment in various locations;
- Ensure adherence to RTIs procurement and logistics SOPs for commodities/goods/materials and services;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Director.
Master’s degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
- An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values;
- Additional professional training in procurement and supply chain management/logistics management preferred;
- Strong experience with USAID rules and regulations required.;
- Excellent knowledge and strong computer skills of Microsoft Office applications and procurement and inventory control software;
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong verbal and written English and Khmer communication skills;
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders;
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team;
- Demonstrated success managing and leading staff;
- Experience in general business administration and financial management;
- Willingness to travel frequently to the field offices.
- Additional professional training in procurement and supply chain management/logistics management preferred.
- Operating a computer and other office machinery
- Frequently communicating with vendors, suppliers, and external stakeholders
- Multiple and tight deadlines