The East-West Management Institute (EWMI), in cooperation with Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Economy and local government authorities, is implementing the Socio-Economic Development Activity in Azerbaijan (SEDA) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). SEDA contributes to the advancement of socio-economic development at the regional level in Azerbaijan by strengthening stakeholder participation in setting priorities for socio-economic programs, and by supporting community-driven socio economic projects (CSEPs) in selected rayons.
EWMI is seeking an international expert to serve as Procurement Manager for SEDA. This is a full-time position for 9 to 12 months, based in SEDA’s Baku office, starting, preferably, on September 1, 2018.
Position Description: The Procurement Manager will supervise SEDA procurement related to SEDA-funded CSEPs, working with the Baku-based team of two local procurement specialists. He/she will also assist, as needed, the Chief of Party (CoP) to ensure the successful day-to-day management of SEDA’s activities. The Procurement Manager will use his/her technical skills, education, experience, and country knowledge to accomplish the following tasks:
- Directly oversee the procurement process for CSEPs up to contract signing and implementation;
- Approve SEDA’s Offer Review Committee (ORC) members and serve as ORC Chairperson for CSEP procurement;
- Conduct the initial reviews and approval of contractor payment requests by signing off on contractor invoices in accordance with SEDA’s CSEP Development Guidelines Procurement Manual, EWMI and USAID procedures, cost principles, and regulations;
- Ensure that the CSEP Development Guidelines and the Procurement Manual remains updated and consistent with current SEDA practices and make recommendations to EWMI’s home office to streamline or revise procurement processes and forms;
- Directly oversee non-CSEP procurement;
- Assist the CoP in providing financial management oversight, analyze budgets, as well as provide recommendations to EWMI home office on budget expenditures;
- Assist with quality control of all programmatic and procurement procedures related to the implementation of the CSEPs; and
- Perform other tasks assigned by the CoP and EWMI’s home office Project Director for SEDA on an ad hoc basis that are consistent with this Job Description and SEDA’s general requirements.
Requirements: Successful applicants will possess:
- A minimum of five years of experience in working with USAID-funded international development projects;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Prior experience in project management and mid-scale procurement;
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English; working knowledge of Russian language is an asset;
- Experience working in programs related to Azerbaijan, the Caucasus region, or Eastern and Central Europe;
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in management, finance, international development, or related field; advanced degree preferred;
- Impeccable professional and personal integrity; and
- Demonstrated capacity to work very well as part of a diverse team.
To Apply: Please submit a brief (one page only) cover letter summarizing how you meet the above requirements, together with a CV, and the names and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com. The positions will be filled on a rolling basis, and applications received after July 15, 2018 will not be considered. Only those invited for interviews will be contacted; no calls please. EWMI is an equal opportunity employer.