Creative is seeking a Procurement Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded education project in Kyrgyzstan. Based in Bishkek, the project seeks to improve early grade learning outcomes in the Kyrgyz Republic for 300,000 students in grades one through four. To reach this goal, the project seeks to improve instructional quality in reading and math; improve formal and non-formal learning environments; and strengthen the Kyrgyz education system. The project will also include a focus on inclusive education and community engagement.
Creative is seeking a Procurement Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded education project in Kyrgyzstan. Based in Bishkek, the Procurement Manager is responsible for assisting with all facets of the day-to-day procurement requirements for a busy international development office. The scope of the position includes but is not limited to completing procurement-related paperwork, collecting quotations for goods and services, entering procurement information into the project database, managing inventory and conducting spot checks, completing inventory receipts and preparing payment requests.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Procurement Manager will report to the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Ensure the procurement process strictly follows Creative and USAID rules and regulations;
- Maintain a file system for procurements to allow for efficient documentation and process audits and maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors;
- Maintain files, including: proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contracts and correspondence of all procurements, following policy and local law;
- Assist with preparation of Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency;
- Prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees;
- Work with vendors of goods and services to ensure quality;
- Assist with invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards of transparency;
- Participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations;
- Process procurements according to rules and regulations;
- Maintain strict control of budgets, and financial expenditures;
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including, such as delivery receipts;
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation of related expenses under grants;
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses and verify deliveries are complete and timely; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required;
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience with at least four (4) years of procurement management experience in Kyrgyz Republic;
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs;
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues;
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis;
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
- Strong communication skills; and
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English and fluency in Russian or Kyrgyz.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior experience working on a USAID funded project.
- Familiarity with USAID hiring and operations process highly desired.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.