Requisition ID: req1594
Job Title: Procurement Manager - Cross Border
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
IRC is undertaking a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $100 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1100 staff, IRC is implementing programs in Syria and the neighbouring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihood programming.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, IRC currently addresses the needs of war-affected Syrians and Iraqis from several operational bases, including Baghdad, Erbil, Sulaymaniyah and Dohuk. IRC’s activities in north-eastern Syria focus on providing vital medications and medical equipment, food and non-food items as well as economic recovery and protection programs, forming part of a regional humanitarian response.
Reporting to Supply Chain Coordinator, the Procurement Manager is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all procurement functions for IRC Iraq - Cross Border Program Field offices in Derek including the field sub site of Amuda, Ain Issa and Dohuk . The position will also be responsible for the standardization of policies and good Procurement practices across all the sites and will require regular travel to provide technical support to Amuda , Ain Issa and Dohuk based Supply Chain staff.
Specific responsibilities include, Compliance
Assist in the Implementation of Standard Operating Procedure of Global Supply Chain of Procurement.
* Monitor the policies and procedures to ensure that they are kept compliance to IRC and donors procurements policy.
* Ensure that compliance with policies is documented through systematic and random verifications of policy implementation and Procurement records, based on a schedule agreed with the Supply Chain Coordinator.
* Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
* Promptly inform the Supply Chain Coordinator of any areas of concern of potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
* Ensure there is no negative audit observations/findings related to Procurement. If required corrective actions plans are developed & implemented to address audit findings.
* Ensure that issues of compliance are standardized across all field sites.
* Assist in audit preparation and implementing procurement Corrective Action Plan.
* Responsible to lead training tender committee members on procurement process.
* Prepare Requests for Proposal and manage contract/tender processes.
* Responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, anti-terrorism compliance) for Contracted supplier and Master Purchase/Service Agreement.
* Manage Master Purchase Agreement supplier in terms of quality, delivery time, and value for money, etc.
* Conduct regular market surveys in key procurement categories to ensure that IRC is receiving best value for money.
* Focal point for all international procurement, local medical equipment and supplies purchase. Responsible to manage pra-qualification supplier of medical supplies and equipment.
* Maintain and ensuring of procurement data is accurate, collection, organizing and analysing data of procurement.
* Organized the procurement process and ensuring the procurement process is completed on time.
* Managing the relationship with the requisitions and update the procurement status in regular basis.
* Lead negotiation, provide negotiation advice and maintain relationships with the supplier.
Documentation and Reporting
* Follow up with relevant units, internal or external on documents and ensuring all procurement records are complete and accessible.
* Monitor procurement records to ensure that each procurement request is fully and clearly documented according to IRC policy.
* Prepare weekly procurement status and tender process status update to Supply Chain coordinator.
* Analyse Purchase Request Tracking in order to ensure that all procurement is carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
* Prepare Finance-related reports such as Cash Projections and BvA s.
Training & Outreach
* Organize Procurement trainings for both program and operations staff on a regular basis.
* Develop and maintain an effective orientation package, and ensures that new staff members are appropriately orientated on Procurement policies and procedures in a timely manner.
* Ensure that Procurement department maintains cooperative relations with other departments, and interacts with them in a positive manner.
* Identify training needs for Procurement staff and make recommendations to the Supply Chain Coordinator.
* Conduct market survey quarterly and monitor the market supply
Staff SupervisionSet clear performance objectives for procurement staff in Derek and ensure that they are understood.
* Conduct interim performance reviews every six months and hold one to one feedback discussions with staff that you supervise on a regular basis to ensure that performance objectives are being met.
* Conduct annual performance evaluations for staff that you directly supervise and manage poor performance and disciplinary issues in accordance with IRC HR policies and procedures.
* Review and approve/endorse timesheets of your staff on a monthly basis and travel and leave requests when the requests are made.
Experience in administration and management, with not less than five years as Procurement Manager or similar position, three years of which must have been spent working with an international NGO.
Skill and Abilities;
* Ability to write narrative and analytical spread sheet reports
* Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access or related programs required
* Familiarity of NGO and donors ( US Gov’t , European and UN ) policies and regulations.
* Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
* Fluency in spoken and written in English and knowledge of local languages is preferable
* Willingness to put in extra hours in emergencies
* Willingness to travel to the field
* Systems oriented individual
* Good team player
Location: Iraq - - Dhouk