Project title: Support to effective air emissions and radiation monitoring, and improved environmental management in Belarus
Brief description: The overall objective of the programme is to improve air quality in the Republic of Belarus. The purposes of this project are as follows:
- To assist Belarus in improving air quality management and carrying out air quality monitoring in full compliance with the EU Acquis and the Convention on Long range Trans-boundary Air Pollution and other relevant international environmental agreements;
- To assist Belarus in aligning its environmental permitting regulations with international and EU standards;
- To contribute to developing Belarus capacity in the field of air quality modelling and management;
- To develop a web-based transport policy support tool that will help local authorities to explore and identify appropriate policy options (such as development of low-emission zones, freight delivery plans, etc.) and quantify the transport, environmental and economic impacts of these measures;
- To elaborate Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) for four major cities using urban air quality models and transport policy support tool which will allow for evidence-based decision making;
- To facilitate a broad dialogue, involving governmental and non-governmental organizations, on harmonizing Belarus practices and policies with EU urban planning and environmental strategies and approaches.
Objectives of the assignment - to contribute to the modernisation of air quality and radiation monitoring infrastructure in the Republic of Belarus.
The NKE should provide consultation services on the preparation of the technical documentation for the procurement of technical equipment in 6 lots listed below, to provide assistance during the tendering procedure and supervision, training during the installation and calibration of the equipment. The tender procedure will be divided into 6 lots:
- Lot 1 – Laboratory equipment
- Lot 2 – Air quality monitoring stations and field instruments
- Lot 3 – Data collection and handling system
- Lot 4 – Emissions measurement and sampling devices
- Lot 5 – Calibration Laboratory
- Lot 6 – Traffic sensor systems
Commencement date of the assignment: August 2018
Duration of the assignment: up to 84 working days in the period August 2018 – November 2020
Qualifications and skills
- University diploma in field relevant to the task;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Fluency in Russian and/or Belarusian (at least spoken) will be an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 15 years of general professional experience.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of environmental monitoring and/or air quality management and/or monitoring;
- Experience in procurement under PRAG of the air quality monitoring equipment
- Experience in EU funded projects in in Eastern ENPI countries or countries of the CIS, ex- PHARE or IPA beneficiary countries would be an advantage